Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For $750,000 You Too Can Have an All Electric C7 Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Maryland-based custom carmaker, Genovation Cars broke their own Electric Car World Speed Record on July 28, 2016 clocking 205.6 mph in a street-legal, electric C6 Corvette.

This week, the company unveiled a new version of their concept with the same electric powertrain re-engineered for a C7 Grand Sport Corvette, which they are calling Genovation Extreme Electric (GXE), and they plan to bring it to limited-production.

Using a 44 kWh battery pack, the company is claiming some impressive numbers:

“The GXE includes a state-of-the-art battery management system, inverters, batteries and electric motors that produce in excess of 660-hp and 600 lb-ft of torque. The car has a range of 130 miles during normal driving operation with a near 50/50 weight distribution and is optimized for a low center of gravity.”

While the car can achieve a 205 MPH stop speed, the company doesn't say how long the car can sustain that speed.

In a press release this week, Andrew Saul, CEO of Genovation, commented on the announcement of the plans to bring the vehicle to market:

“We are very proud of what we have accomplished with the GXE thus far, pushing the limits for electric-powered cars beyond what most people thought was possible. We are excited to enter the next phase and begin offering this extraordinary vehicle to discerning customers. This is a truly unique vehicle on a number of fronts, and we are thrilled to be bringing it to market.”

Genovation is only planning on building 75 units at an eye-popping cost of $750,000 each. As part of the exclusivity, the company is promising that each electric Grand Sport will be unique by involving each customer in the design and finishing process.

If you don't mind parting with a $250,000 deposit up front and waiting till the fourth quarter of 2019, feel free to step up to the plate and grab one of these unique Grand Sports from this small start-up company!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i2_oWNv3l2I" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" width="853" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Attachments

• genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport.jpg
    genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 196
  • genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport-frontshot.jpg
    genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport-frontshot.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 113
  • genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport-rearshot.jpg
    genovation-gxe-corvette-grand-sport-rearshot.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 110
You know... sometimes I wish I was rich... :chuckle

Mac

Nothing outstanding about those numbers except the price.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom