Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For those interested in spark plugs-

Hmmm

Do I detect a slight touch of sarcasm? :confused

That thread is a bunch of non-answers. Reminds me of the air filter / oil filter / engine oil "discussions".

If I could post that picture of the "beating a dead horse", I sure would. :D

Have a great day, and thanks for sharing. ;)

Rick
:gap

Do I detect a slight touch of sarcasm? :confused

That thread is a bunch of non-answers. Reminds me of the air filter / oil filter / engine oil "discussions".

Sorry to see you've got such a suspicious nature. I thought some people here would be interested in what others have to say - even if it contradicts the popular opinion. :w

:nono Vettehead Mikey been doin that for years over hear - :upthumbs - he goes to another forum where they worship original spare tire air just to get their 1-dimensional 'gospel' for the purpose of regurgitatin it over here for us bubbas :gap . He argues over this information like it's religion while all he's doin' is regurgitatin' it from somewhere else. He's great at repeating others information from another forum website but where's the original information based on experience?

Whip a dead horse? :bang This dude brings a new meaning to the term!

Don't ya get the feelin' we're just a bunch a inexperienced ignorant #@$@s :_rock in need of some schoolin?

Vettehead Mikey said:
Here's [yet another...] thread on the NCRS board with valuable input from some pretty experienced and knowledgeable people:

OK, time for the truth-

I posted this simply to see if pgtr was still trolling the 'boards and what it would take to bring him out of hiding. I honestly missed his unique style of personal insults. 9 hours and 2 minutes, not bad.

It seems that all is right with the world and I can rest easy tonight. :rotfl

Some of you guys really need to chill. Jeeze. ;LOL

I posted this simply to see if pgtr was still trolling the 'boards and what it would take to bring him out of hiding. I honestly missed his unique style of personal insults. 9 hours and 2 minutes, not bad.

So let me make sure I got this right...:BOW:BOW

You "posted this simply to see if pgtr was still trolling" and to see "what it would take to bring him out of hiding.";troll

And you think I am the one trolling? Goodness gracious man - do you even have an inkling as to what trolling is?

It seems that all is right with the world and I can rest easy tonight.

The difference here is that I actually know that people don't give a flip.:z

Some of you guys really need to chill. Jeeze.

Now I'm confused. ;shrug;shrug You stated above you hatched this scheme to start this thread and got the exact results you predicted and NOW you tell us we need to chill? That was part of the plan too right? Despite your indications to the contrary I've NEVER personally insulted anyone here including yourself. But let me ask you a personal question: Are you retired by chance and have way too much time on your hands?

Nor am I clear what you find personally insulting here. ;LOLYou do in fact frequent that other forum and you do in fact depend, seemingly excusively, upon it for the content you post here. Content that is posted in a specific, perhaps calculated manner to bait others over inane and thoroughly beaten topics. Youre great at picking apart other's posts here when they don't jive with your other club board. But is that the whole story? Can't you offer your own info? How about that rumour you started about GM discontinuing the AC 45 plugs?:w

If anyone is looking for other info on spark plugs, a simple (advanced) search of this particular forum will bring up quite a few thread from just the last 6 months.

HOW TO!

Go up to Search -> "advanced search"
Under "Key Words" -> spark plugs
Under "Find Posts From" -> 6 months ago
Under "Search in forum" -> 1968 - 1982 Corvettes

Click thre "search now" button and voila!
:upthumbs

For what it's worth (nothing), I'm running AC R45TS in mine. TS? Yep-the 383 stroker in my car - '70 Impala 300hp 350 block, '78 Z-28 Camaro 882 heads, pocket ported. The '78 Camaro used....wait for it....R45TS. ;)

Rick

For what it's worth (nothing), I'm running AC R45TS in mine.
Yeah, but...but...but...but.... :L
Your post is worth NOTHING!!!! :L
:upthumbs

Oh-and I painted the engine Ford Red, too. That should make some people shudder...:L

Rick

No offense, I'm not even remotely interested in a discussion about spark plugs but I am feeling the love!

What I really found interesting, is that a big block and small block take the same plug. Having never owned or worked on a BB, I would have thought they'd be different plugs. I prefer the regular AC's just like the factory uses. I never cared for Champions, I've had them go bad overnight. I even have AC's in my Harley - same size.

Craig

When I got my 78 there were Bosch plugs in there. I would not recommend them and replaced them with AC, much better IMO.

As a confirmed Luddite, I've toyed with the idea of throwing lit matches down the intake, but worry about getting the timing just right.

Should I use ported or non-ported vacuum to help guide me?

As a confirmed Luddite, I've toyed with the idea of throwing lit matches down the intake, but worry about getting the timing just right.

Should I use ported or non-ported vacuum to help guide me?
280755131_32b347b220_o.jpg

"Original spare tire air" ? Where can I find that ?? Should it be hot or cold air ??

I have my original sparkplugs, air filter, oil and filter, gas from the dealer, factory invoice, tires, battery, coolant, windshield fluid and wipers, and have never even opened the passenger door !:upthumbs

You guys kill me !:r

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom