Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

found a 2003 convertible about 1 month ago. Love it.

cje

This is my 2nd Corvette, drove the new 76 daily and sold in 1991. Found this one at a dealer, one owner with 33,000 miles and in great condition. The original owner traded for a new one I was told. Car is great but I am thinking I would like to speak to the original owner. He bought it new and babied it for 13 years. Wouldn't he want to know what happened to it maybe? I asked the dealer to ask him if he would talk to me. No co-operation. Car Fax tells me where he registered it every year. All I have. Any suggestion? Thanks

cje, welcome to CAC!:w I'm thinking that the old owner would like to know where the car went too. Just not sure how to go about finding them if the dealer doesn't want to help though. Post up some pictures of your new ride, we all like to see pictures. And maybe the old owner is a member here and will recognize it....who knows?:thumb

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Welcome to the CAC! Who the previous owner was seems to be the age old question and if the dealer won't help, there's just not really any other way.:beer

Thanks everybody

So I am not the only one who would like to know the history of their car. I may try driving up I- 75 to this rather small Ohio town and find a garage. How many 03 Millennial yellow corvette convertibles could be in one small town for 13 years? I will post a picture as soon as I buy an I phone and learn how to use it.:)

Welcome to Corvette Action Center and Congratulations

Welcome aboard we're glad you've joined us :happyanim: Finding the previous own may be interesting and pretty neat to some but you might find it was just transportation to others, just saying believe it or not everyone does not share maybe our passion for the Corvette, they are out there I have personally run into one myself. This person leased a Corvette for a couple of years as a driver, just a car to get him from A to B, said he was not a big fan it was just a car! He was an attorney in Dayton, your home state. I know hard as we might find it hard to believe everyone may not share the same passion. The law firmed paid for the lease. Not sure I would want a Corvette for a work car either, seems to me the occasional rider thing would be a pain at times!!! Just my thought here! But others would find it kind of cool I guess!
-Bill

This is my 2nd Corvette, drove the new 76 daily and sold in 1991. Found this one at a dealer, one owner with 33,000 miles and in great condition. The original owner traded for a new one I was told. Car is great but I am thinking I would like to speak to the original owner. He bought it new and babied it for 13 years. Wouldn't he want to know what happened to it maybe? I asked the dealer to ask him if he would talk to me. No co-operation. Car Fax tells me where he registered it every year. All I have. Any suggestion? Thanks

Who in the dealership did you talk to? If it was the salesperson, then go to a manager and politely ask if the dealership can contact the previous owner and possibly give you a call. The dealership will not give you the previous owners information, but they can contact the person and see if they are agreeable to calling you. The right person in the dealership will do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom