Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found Abandonded Vette, How to find Owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My opinion

59Tom said:
Bottom line. If it is solid/straight, correct engine, optioned, and fairly complete other than the aforementioned items I would say you have an excellent restoration project car there. Offer low and work up. With the condition of this car I think it would be impossible to insult this guy. Don't worry about it.

...As to true value, '67 is one of , if not the most popular year with restorers/collectors. Especially optioned cars. If it is mostly complete. correct engine, straight and solid you should be able to get 5 figures for it as a project car. Keep in mind that $50,000. for a frame off NCRS quality restoration is not uncommon.

Check the ads. You won't find a cheap '67 in any condition,...

How very true, Tom. ;)

So what are we saying here? I'll attempt to post a few pix but I don't know when I'm going out that way again. It sounds like it could be a "good" investment. I did do a search for "project" '67s and found that they are indeed up there. Extrapolating form these results I could see this one going for $4-5k in the current condition. With this in mind I'm thinking that $0.5k would be a good start and possibly go as high as $1k. Let me see if I can get some pix in the next few weeks.

Sean

See for myself

Hey Sean,

If it's still there after the Rendezvous is over, I may just have to swing by on my way to mooch off the relatives in Pompano and see it for myself. Remember, I DO have a trailer hitch on the Nutmeg. Can you say U-Haul? :D

Buy low.......sell high. With that in mind, that's why I still work for a living.

........ Nut

Sean,

I would offer 2K tops, and that's IF the frame is in really good shape. If he wants more for a vette with no tranny, 1/2 a rusted motor, smashed windows that's been sitting and rotting away for years he deserves to get a beating instead. Let me know what happens or what he wants, I won't have access to the trailer this week until Wed/Thur.

Maybe that poor Corvette will just grow legs one day and run away from home. ;)

Any update?

Sean, we're all still in suspense...
Any more info?
Thanks!
Barb :w

I've called back a few times but I keep getting a busy signal. Trust me, you guys will be the first to know..(crossed fingers)

Sean

C'est La vie

Well here's the final answer. I finally (after weeks of trying) got back a hold of him. Now he deson't want to sell it. I asked him why and he said that since my call he got thinking about restoring it. Yeah right... whatever buddy. That poor car will sit there for another 10 years and completley rust away. :bash

Now this will sond like sour grapes but I stopped by again last weekend (sorry, forgot the camera) and took yet another closer look. The frame is about rusted through, the interior is shot, I mean not a stick of material on the seats or carpet on the floor. Part of the floor looks to be rusted through (I could see daylight). As I said before no carb, intake or tranny (oh... and the guys who stole the tranny didn't waste any time gettig it off). The housing looks to be broken near one of the bolts.

Oh well. The story ends but my search continues. Thanks for all of the support on this one.

Scott, you can put the trailer back on hold... unless you want to do a midnight repossesion.. :) Just kidding.

Sean

Terminate the DORK!

Sean,

Post this retards address and phone number so all of us can call him to let him know he needs to be cleaned from the gene pool.

What a turd! :bash :r

On a good note, there have been some good deals in the paper lately...keep your eyes peeled!

Too bad

I would have liked to see that car liberated but I guess it wasn't meant to be. On a higher note, there were a bunch of nice chrome bumper sharks in the June Corvette and Chevy trader. The right car is out there. Keep the faith.

Tom

Take a look at the dates on this thread. :boogie I hope the owner has been found by now. ;)

:w
Guy

Outdated thread

:duh I knew I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I caught that right after I posted. Guy, you win the prize for being the first to catch it.

:duh I knew I should have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I caught that right after I posted. Guy, you win the prize for being the first to catch it.

Joe,

At first I thought someone found another car, but then I realized the story sounded familiar, however, it was good for a morning laugh. :D

Guy

I know this is not a C3 question but I figured you guys could help out..

After driving past the delapidated 64 or 65 sticking out of the back of a barn several times, I decided to finally talk to the owner. Well the house has been vacated for at least 10 years. Cobwebs the size of ropes!! Anyway, does anyone have access to a way to find a car owner via the car liscense plate. I'm sure there is a way to do it but how?

Thanks,
Sean
do you have a picture you can post

This question was asked in 2001. ;LOL

Guy

...Part of the floor looks to be rusted through (I could see daylight)....

Floorboards can't be rusted through on a C2: they're fiberglass. If you can see daylight, you're looking through collision damage or a Bubba creation.

I'd say leave this one for the owner to "restore".

:)

As Guy has stated, this thread is 6 years old.. and to the best of my knowledge the principle participants have moved on. Several have not retained their memberships here :eek

I think I've finally found a good use for this smiley :BDH :D in a good way ;)

With all this in mind, let's allow this thread to die a respectable death... I'll Lock it from future posts, but leave for a few days then move it to our Archive Files ;)

Bud Dougherty
Forums Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom