Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Frame Replacement

TexasVette

Corvette
Gettings all,
I was hoping one of you may be able to offer some information about frame replacement. I have a 1969 from Illinois. Needless to say I have rust damage. I’d prefer to replace the frame as I already have it removed. My question is what has to be done to modify say an 82 frame to get it to fit? Any and all information or other suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Bumper mounting system would be different, 82 had a different rear end so don't know if the mounting points for that cross member would be the same. In 73 they went to a rubber cushoned body mount system which resulted in the frame body mount points being slightly lower. No problem if you use the 73-up mounts, otherwise the body will sit too low on the frame.

I would be concerned about the 82 frame due to the rearend mounting. If you could find a 79 or earlier you should be okay.

tom...

It has been done 1,000 times before. Just get them both out and side by side with a good welder on hand and cutt off tools. There will be some things you need to transfer (like the clutch rod mount if you have a four speed).

After you have transfered all the parts and brackets, paint it and reinstall.

Gee, I made that sound easy.

Thanks Tom 73 and 69myway I appreciate the information
Geopar, I will contact you, Thanks!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom