Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Free car looking a little better!!!

ParisTNDude

Corvette
2010 C6 Grand Sport
Just finished getting the 84 repainted and although it's not the best paint job, it's ok for a daily driver. What do you think...before and after?

Attachments

• downsize951.jpg
    downsize951.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Small front.jpg
    Small front.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 185
  • small back.jpg
    small back.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 144
excellent!

Thanks.

No longer an embarassment to drive. Looking for some suitable wheels, although the silver bottom somehow makes the factory wheels look better...not good, but better! LOL

I like the new color combo! :cool!:

Looking good, Looking good, I like the 2 tone...

No longer an embarassment to drive. Looking for some suitable wheels, although the silver bottom somehow makes the factory wheels look better...not good, but better! LOL
:chuckle That is the same think I thought... that color combo is gorgeous and makes those factory wheels pop... Acetone the coating off the wheels then shine the heck out of them :dance

I would keep the wheels :dance :thumb

Bud

:thumb

I agree with the others...

The 2 tone makes it sharp...distinctive. I think I'd strip the wheels and polish those to a chrome like luster. Not easy but the results speak for themselves. You can probably rent a set of wheels/tires to drive on while the polishing takes place. Its not a weekend job....more like several if you want to do it nice. That paint sure does shine !

What about the black?

:thumb

I agree with the others...

The 2 tone makes it sharp...distinctive. I think I'd strip the wheels and polish those to a chrome like luster. Not easy but the results speak for themselves. You can probably rent a set of wheels/tires to drive on while the polishing takes place. Its not a weekend job....more like several if you want to do it nice. That paint sure does shine !

I don't like the thought of taking the black paint off the louver part. What do you think I should do with that part? I like the idea of polishing all the parts that show to the front, like the center round section and the outer edges of the louver looking fins, but I think the black part needs to stay black. What-d-ya-think?

I agree with you, the black needs to stay. Polish the heck out of those other areas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom