Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: freeky idle with headlights on

productpedler

Corvette
1982 Silver over Charcoal#1654
(82 x-fire injection.) This thing is idling freeky and nearly going dead but only when the headlights are on. All is perfect with the headlights off and even with the parking lights on all is good.

Vacuum Problem? Where to look?

Just started doing this-WHAT THE H---???????????????:confused

Hi..
Kinda doesnt surprise me. If you have a big vacuum leak, the motor would be running off. Maybe something is wired wrong and is pulling air in the wrong place.

Check this troubleshooting guide: Vacuum Troubleshooting. It helped me understand and troubleshoot my issue.

Let us know what you find going through the doc and we can help out with the various issues (if you dont find it on the spot). Lot's of helpfull folks around here.. :)

:w
-Stefan

I did wash the engine and all the engine bay on the day that it started doing this. Maybe I got water oon a line somewhere. The car was doing great before this?????????

Thanks for the schematic fo the vacuum system.

Yep, water can do that.. Havent done it in a while, but when i did spray the engine down a long time ago, it started running rough idle.. It resolved itself though after running her for a little while (guessing the water went away).

Have you run it until the engine warms up? Maybe that'll clear up the issue.

:w
-Stefan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom