Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fresh Paint

1979toy

Corvette
Red on Red 1979 L-48
I no longer have to look at a gray primered hood!:D

showthread.php

Ouch! Spanked by the big red X.

37102-13-05-med.JPG

That worked.

Ahhhh... the smell of fresh paint, congrats. Nice wheels too.

Looks GREAT Steve! :beer

There's Nothing Like a Red Corvette

Steve,

Outstanding!!!!

Remo:cool

wishuwerehere82 said:
Did you decide to forego the flames?

After seeing the "real flames" that people are putting on now I thought that I had to do that. After talking to a few painters and finding that 1. very few people are doing that style of art, and 2. those that are doing it are booked up for months if not years, I decided that I would go in another direction.
The 3 painters that are doing real flames in the local area all said the same thing "We haven't done any graphics except real flames since we started doing them". The prices that I got for a complete paint job including real flames on the front fenders and hood we all over 10K.

I may be in the wrong job field.:crazy

Did your paint shop remind you not to cover the car for at least 3 weeks and not use any soap on it during that period as well? The paint is still curing. Putting a cover on it doesn't let it breathe and soap, even the mildest, still has surfactants/detergents that are not meant for fresh paint. If you get dirt on it, just use copius amounts of running water and a very soft rag/sponge to work it out.

My painter did not mention anything about not covering or washing the car.
My wife bought me a car cover to keep the dust off. While reading the directions I read that I shouldn't use a cover for the first 3 months after painting.
Thanks to our winter weather the paint will be over a month old before I have a chance to get it dirty anyway so I guess that I'm OK by default there.
Thanks for the reminders!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom