Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front clip R&R

TWINRAY

Corvette
'67 Goodwood Green Coupe, '69 Lemans Blue Roadster
Any experts out there:confused. For someone who hasn't done it before;shrug, how long would you expect :chuckle this person to get the old front clip off and then how long to hang a press molded (3 section, top surround, + fenders) replacement. Exclude pre-prep and paint time on the new section.

Thanks,
Fred;help

Also, how hard is it to install a preassembled clip?????

Cheers

Richard

I did a 70 coupe front clip, used Eckler's one piece. I took extra care to get it right, once it's glued, your stuck with the results. I have never done one before and it was a learning expreience. The car came out beautiful, but not without a lot of fussing and readjustment............before the final gluing

I did a 70 coupe front clip, used Eckler's one piece. I took extra care to get it right, once it's glued, your stuck with the results. I have never done one before and it was a learning expreience. The car came out beautiful, but not without a lot of fussing and readjustment............before the final gluing

Thanks muddy:thumb

What's with the doors on this project. Do they have to come off:W.

I did not remove the doors on the 70 coupe, I would make sure there's no issues with them, sagging hindges, gap on opposite side. I had to trim to the doors with the replacment clip. Rocker panels are important, use as a guage. It was tough to get just it all just right. I always look at body gaps whenever I looked at a Vette, their a good indicator.....

Unless you are a pro, I would not use the quick setting bonding adhesives like Vette Bond, etc. You barely have 5 minutes with some of them and once they setup, you are where you are. I would recommend Fusor brand adhesives that have up to an hour set up time. Others have had good results with 3M and other brands. You need a special gun to apply them, but my supply store has always loaned me their's.

Ralph.:beer

rponfick, How are ya, It's been a while, but the set up time was 20min. on the glue I used and that wasn't enough time, I wished I knew about 1Hr. glue. I had 2 screws at each bonding point, had everything matched marked and after adjusting and readjusting all the brackets until it was right, me and a friend put it together, it came out nice. I had to shim the jack stands to get the car dead nuts level back to front and side to side. For a first timer it came out pretty good.........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom