Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Cross Member Dent Removal Tool

JeffW

Corvette
Hi,
Anyone have the front cross member dent removal tool they would like to rent or sell?
Thanks, Jeff

Hi,
Anyone have the front cross member dent removal tool they would like to rent or sell?
Thanks, Jeff

You might try posting this on the NCRS Technical Discussion Board - it's much more likely to get a response from someone over there; there aren't that many of those tools around, and they're more likely to be in the garage of a serious restorer.

:beer

Interested in learning more about the front X-member dent removal tool? Is this a K-M J-tool or something else. Can you post an image?

Interested in learning more about the front X-member dent removal tool? Is this a K-M J-tool or something else. Can you post an image?

Hi Hib, I do not have a photo of one but they used to be available from most of the corvette parts suppliers and on ebay. Don't know who made them. Was looking to buy one but they have been discontinued. It is a large metal buck that is inserted into the front cross member with a spring removed and then there is another piece that bridges and is supported at the outside edges of the front member with a large bolt that threads into the buck through the center hole in the cross member. You tighten the bolt and the buck pushes any dents out. I can maybe look in an old catalog for a photo.

John, Thanks good idea. Kinda figured that anyone who restored a chassis would have purchased one. I was ready to...... but alas they are no longer available.

Regards, Jeff

Thanks John! great idea. Got a lead on renting a tool already...
Jeff

I have one and it worked pretty good on a large dent, takes a lot of working it to get a bad dent out and a big 3/4" ratchet I have helped.

Thanks all,
I was able to get one on loan from a NCRS fourm member and used it last week. Works OK but will still need some tweaking of the small stuff before finishing but it did get the big dent out.
Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom