Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front License Plate How To?

• Thread starter Thread starter cerberus
  • Start date Start date
C

cerberus

I bought my 02 Coupe in Kansas, where front plates aren't required. However, here in Missouri, they are. Do you just pop the little rectangular plate out of the nose of the car? Are there tabs, etc. and the back side? To be perfectly honest, I think it SUCKS that I have to ruin the sleek nose of my beautiful car with a crappy ass license plate, but I have to, and I don't want to tear anything up in the process. The idea of taking a screwdriver and prying on the front of my pride and joy is needless to say, less than appealing.

There are two phillips head screws located on the bottom edge of the plate cover. Just removed those screws and the plate cover.

A few vendors sell clear molded plastic plate covers that will at least restore some of the aerodynamics of the front facia.

A few vendors sell clear molded plastic plate covers that will at least restore some of the aerodynamics of the front facia.

yep; great piece.

And some will paint a body colored border around it (on the inside surface) to help blend in with the front contours:

license2.jpg

the one pictured is not my cover; but the person who originally gave me the idea. But he and I both painted the body colored borders. The only variation I did on mine (versus the red one pictured) is it that a radiused the inside corners more to mimick the overall shape of the cover.

It was not difficult to do; other than the masking took some time to get laid down and positioned properely.

I mounted my front plate on the air dam under the front bumper (got the idea from a couple of club members who had done the same thing). To make the job easier I ran the front wheels up on a simple pair of ramps for easier access to the air dam. I had to trim the plate a bit so that it would fit but two small nuts and bolts later and the job was done. The plate is now visible but it is not out glaring in your face as it would be if you used the factory mount position. The job took about half an hour of leisurely work.

What's a front plate? ;) Yeah, I KNOW it's the law, but I'm gonna haft'a get a ticket before I put the damn thing on my Z!

342%3C%3A%3B5923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3C57836ot1lsi

Z06 Tom said:
What's a front plate? ;) Yeah, I KNOW it's the law, but I'm gonna haft'a get a ticket before I put the damn thing on my Z!

342%3C%3A%3B5923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323785%3C57836ot1lsi

Hey...you wanna ticket so bad?...give me your address and I can guarantee you will get one:D

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]Hey...you wanna ticket so bad?...give me your address and I can guarantee you will get one:D[/QUOTE]

You'd haft'a CATCH me first! ;) I usually try to present this view :D :

342%3C%3B73523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323633%3B5%3A%3B%3C3ot1lsi

Tom,

I like the way that short spoiler looks! Did you get that as a ground effects kit at Mid-America? I know they have something similar (we had a thread about it about a month ago.)

:w
-Patrick

Patrick said:
Tom,

I like the way that short spoiler looks! Did you get that as a ground effects kit at Mid-America? I know they have something similar (we had a thread about it about a month ago.)

:w
-Patrick

No Patrick, I got it as a stand alone item from West Coast Corvettes. I've been pretty happy with it, it adds a little something to the rear of the car.

That it does, Tom. Gives it a nice edge. Good work. I may have to look into that, myself.

:beer
-Patrick

...try presenting that view to a bunch of state troopers and see how long you last:L ............

:eyerole
Z06 Tom said:
You'd haft'a CATCH me first! ;) I usually try to present this view :D :

342%3C%3B73523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323633%3B5%3A%3B%3C3ot1lsi

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom