Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front park/turn signal problem

dwalc0604

Corvette
1980 Mellow Yellow
I have a problem where my right front park/turn signal is not working properly. The turn signal blinks but very faintly. The parking light does not come on at all when the headlights are on. I have tried to find a replacement socket and pigtail but haven't had any luck. I can find the socket and that is it. I moved the left pigtail over and it functions properly. I purchased a socket at Autozone and spliced it in so I wouldn't destroy the original and nothing worked. Anyone have any ideas about what is wrong and/or where I can get a pigtail? Thanks

Most of the corvette parts suppliers i checked online seem to list the pigtail for these. Since the left socket worked fine when moved to the right its probably just a bad socket.

Check the socket to see if your getting any power.also check where your connection with the new pigtail. Also check the bulb.

Check the wires at the fuse panel, also try to clean the ground under the hood. Also it may be that the terminals are corroded.

Problem solved

Check the wires at the fuse panel, also try to clean the ground under the hood. Also it may be that the terminals are corroded.
After following all the suggestions I received I purchased a replacement socket at Autozone. I clipped the original socket and connector and connected the wires using heatsink butt connectors. Problem solved. Thanks for all the suggestions.

After following all the suggestions I received I purchased a replacement socket at Autozone. I clipped the original socket and connector and connected the wires using heatsink butt connectors. Problem solved. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Glad you fixed it ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom