Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Plate used?

Do you use a front plate?

• Yes I do

Votes: 146 31.7%
  • I'm a rebel, so nope

Votes: 204 44.3%
  • It's not required in my state

Votes: 111 24.1%

• Total voters
Consider the missing front plate as a form of non-violent protest against abusive, intrusive or revenue driven bureaucracies.

The front license plate COVER is missing. I live in Florida and picked up the car from Ohio where the plate must be displayed. Somewhere along the way the original cover was removed and not replaced upon sale. I have been looking for one as a result.

The front license plate COVER is missing. I live in Florida and picked up the car from Ohio where the plate must be displayed. Somewhere along the way the original cover was removed and not replaced upon sale. I have been looking for one as a result.

Sorry for any confusion. I was not responding to your issue, just the issue of a missing front license plate as some states require. Good luck with your search.

Hide Away Plate Holder

I purchased a hide away plate holder, it took all of 20 minutes to install. I've heard of cops ticketing cars right after shows in my area with guys scrambling to put on the front plate.:W

We are required to have front plates in BC both for law enforcement but primarily for automatic toll charges on bridges (tax). We are however allowed too use smoked or blue covers as per my attached photo. I saw a red C6 on the weekend at a show and shine that had a color match insert but the center portion was clear to only show the letters and digits. It looked really good, not sure where he got from, should have asked. But a number of owners from the club I attend will regularly drive with no plate and use the insert. It's worth the vanity I guess. I would consider it if on a group cruise but am a target locally by my self.

Cheers,
:beer
IMG_00000105.jpg

Front Plate

I am in a two plate state, MD and have a 2011 GS Conv. I went with a retractable plate. It actually looks ok, very close to the ground and in my case bottom left. GM included quick disconnects, so the frame of the plate goes through the holes in the bottom black trim. Easy on and off and looks good for shows.:thumb

P5190260_zps4bfa7a31.jpg

Maine has always had a front plate law. Corvette folks don't like it but it is what it is. Some take their plates off for car shows and then put them back on for the ride home and the POLICE.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom