Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front Plate used?

Do you use a front plate?

• Yes I do

Votes: 146 31.7%
  • I'm a rebel, so nope

Votes: 204 44.3%
  • It's not required in my state

Votes: 111 24.1%

• Total voters
brndaj said:
In CT it's a $75 ticket for not having the front plate, I know from experience, it's still worth it, I hate the way the car looks with the front plate on.
Not me...I just put a plate on the front because I got a ticket and have to go to court soon...Its not a joke here...not worth it...If I get 3 "no plate" tickets I may lose my license..so hell no its not worth it here...:(

I keep coming back to this question: why is it that some states not only have a front license plate requirement, but have cops who (to varying degrees) make such a point of enforcing it, while other states don't have this requirement at all? I know- rhetorical question. There likely isn't a single answer. But I hear stories about how militant some LEO's can be about this in California, while our Oklahoma members bask in the glow of not having to get a front plate at all.

Just one of those unfairnesses in life, I suppose. :eyerole

-Patrick

CORed91 said:
I keep coming back to this question: why is it that some states not only have a front license plate requirement, but have cops who (to varying degrees) make such a point of enforcing it, while other states don't have this requirement at all? I know- rhetorical question. There likely isn't a single answer. But I hear stories about how militant some LEO's can be about this in California, while our Oklahoma members bask in the glow of not having to get a front plate at all.

Just one of those unfairnesses in life, I suppose. :eyerole

-Patrick
Patrick, no doubt the vigorous enforcement is performed for revenue-sake. It's a trade off here in Tennessee, a non-front license plate state; we have speed traps instead! A large number of our small towns have lead-up roads that drop from normal speed limits, like 55, down to 25 and 30 mph in short order when you reach city limits. They try very hard to hide these behind bushes too - LOL!!! ;LOL

Front Plate

I use it because in NYS you have to. You can take the chance and not use it and 99 % of the time the police will not stop you. If you do and some peole i know have been stopped, the fine for the first time is $125.00.
Even through i like it without the plate i can think of better ways to spend my money.

CORed91 said:
I keep coming back to this question: why is it that some states not only have a front license plate requirement, but have cops who (to varying degrees) make such a point of enforcing it, while other states don't have this requirement at all?
You want confusing - here in lovely Massachusetts if you have a "green" number plate you only need one. But, if you have a "red" number plate you need two!

But then again, this is the state that gives you John Kerry - King of the flip-floppers"...

GT

Flip flops!!!!!

Hi

I'm used to flip flops, what scares me is that we really have a poor choice. Their debates should have been labled "Dumb and Dumber".

The question is which is which!

`As far as l'm concerned it's all about revenue period.

Alan

I unerstsand Conn went from two to one and back to two.

Rt 22 near Pgh, 30 miles, desolate area, has a 45 mph speedlimit for several miles because someone was killed there. So I'm told. Some tailfeathers got ruffled and.....

Front plate

Bioscache2 said:
I was just curious how many people put the front plate on their car and how many chose to forgo it and just run the risk. If your lucky enough to live in a state where its not required then your choice is simple. I think I'm just gonna roll the dice and keep it off but I was curious.
What happens if you are from a state or province that only issues one plate and you travel through a state that does require it?

gcmlear,
I believe if you live (legally reside) in a state that only requires one plate, and you are travelling in a state that requires two plates, you aren't going to be cited under the laws of the state you are traveling through, because you don't reside in that state. It would be chaos for court clerks to have to track laws outside their state jurisdiction, so I imagine that most LEO's don't worry about citing people for plate violations if they live in another state.

:w
-Patrick

Your Web Site Tour!!!!!

:beer Jon I looked at your restoration web site; I could almost smell the paint, lot of work, car looks great, but I got to know who is the chick laying on your corvette in the picture below your name on CAC? Have to be an awful good looking chick for me to allow that. She looks like she may qualify!!!!!!!

Bill :v :naughty:

JonM said:
You also grow some fantastic baseball players there.

Do you hire models?

Oh, I almost forgot do you and Blade hire models, there not sisters are they?
Just kidding of course, but are they? See the same thread.......for Blades model in the picture. I'm jellious of course!
Bill :_rock

JonM said:
You also grow some fantastic baseball players there.

Front Plate

I just got Texas registration for my '02 Mag Red coupe, and my wife (who is the daily driver of our C5) insisted on using the front plate. We got a body color painted front license plate holder and it actually looks good on the car. The color scheme on Texas license plates goes pretty well with this body color, too.

NOPE...Texas requires one, but most places let it pass unless a real "blowHole" wants to make a stop. The State Troopers will stop us but they always give a warning which they count as "community contact".

Honest officer.... I would install my front plate if it fit in the bracket designed to hold it!

Not sure if other '74 owners have this issue, but my plate is just a little bit too wide to fit in the bracket... so I just leave the plate under the front seat. If I ever do get pulled over... I will show the cop... and ask him/her what they would do.

Bioscache2 said:
I was just curious how many people put the front plate on their car and how many chose to forgo it and just run the risk. If your lucky enough to live in a state where its not required then your choice is simple. I think I'm just gonna roll the dice and keep it off but I was curious.
My front plate sits behind my passenger seat where it belongs.
Yes, front plates are required in CA. Oh well.

Craig

Not sure if California requires one or not but I did not put one on. Look much cleaner without! :)

I see you have a HUEY as your avatar, this brings back memories for me, were you a pilot, crew chief. door gunner or what? I have a history with this ship my self, didn't by chance do some training at Rucker did you?

Bill :w

FlyLow said:
NOPE...Texas requires one, but most places let it pass unless a real "blowHole" wants to make a stop. The State Troopers will stop us but they always give a warning which they count as "community contact".

an owner had a picture of a plate installed on the front air dam,dont know if this is legal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom