Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

front springs

It's possible, yes. The engine torques over toward one direction, if you have enough motor that could over time wear one spring down, see it more on rear leaf spring cars.

Yours sagging on you? :(

Yes I think, I have a 1.5 to 2 inch difference from fender to tire on the drivers side . I check the frame best I could it seems fine.

You could try measuring from the inner mouting point of the lower control arm to the ground, and then from someplace on the outer point of the control arm to the ground. Do the same for both sides, makeing sure to measure in the same places on the arm, compare. That should make sure your finder isnt just hung a little funny or something like that. It's entirely possible the more I think about it, but I'd double check.

I replaced the front springs on the 74 when I rebuilt the rear end mostly just to have matching F41 spec springs since I had stuck one in the rear. I didnt notice any sag really, it was a babied 120K mile car, driven by a woman. I still have those stock springs if your interisted in them, though it would be a bit of a crap shoot as to weather they would be any sagging. :)

I'll ty that thanks for the help.You know now that I'm thinking about it the fender is higher than the hood at the seam midway down the length of the fender.dduuuhhh .thanks Travis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom