Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FS....AM/FM/CB power antenna

mkapp7879

Corvette
78 Pace,black 79 and white 79, all L82s
SOLD.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................This is a Delco "minimast" as used on some Late 82s.
Similar to the "slimlines" used from L79-82 and a direct bolt in for those years.
NOS mast assembly including the gray load coil, wire harness and switch.
USED motor housing and armature.
Looks good, runs as new.
No plug, you'll need to splice it in.
$*** plus shipping.
cbantenna1.jpg

cbantenna2.jpg

Last edited:
This is a Delco "minimast" as used on some Late 82s.
Similar to the "slimlines" used from L79-82 and a direct bolt in for those years.
NOS mast assembly including the gray load coil, wire harness and switch.
USED motor housing and armature.
Looks good, runs as new.
No plug, you'll need to splice it in.
$100 plus shipping.
cbantenna1.jpg

cbantenna2.jpg

Do you still have this antenna?

Yes, bought about 10 cables from them so far.
BUT, they don't have a CB compatable cable, it's about 4" longer.
I once asked them about supplying a roll of just the cable but they said not possible.

What do you have in mind? Fix your original?

I was able to repair the case (J-B Weld is good stuff). My mast is perfect so I thought I would repair it in case I need it in the future. I also have an extra AM/FM cassette CB radio for the 82 so I may need it for the next car.

Yes, bought about 10 cables from them so far.
BUT, they don't have a CB compatable cable, it's about 4" longer.
I once asked them about supplying a roll of just the cable but they said not possible.
So, the difference between the 79-82 antenna w/CB is that the CB is four inches longer. Correct? Is the mast a three or four section mast on the CB antenna?

CB mast is 4 sections.
They do now have a CB repair cable..............................
Corvette Antenna Mast 1979-1982
Yes, I'm aware of the repair cable. I don't have the factory original antenna w/CB. I have a factory original antenna w/o CB installed on my 82 CE. I wanted to install a factory GM Delco AM/FM Cassette w/CB to replace an aftermarket. Looking for a late 79-82 power antenna (Slimline) w/CB is like pulling teeth. :D

I believe the 79 came in a cream color case and the 80-82 was black ?

CB mast is 4 sections.
They do now have a CB repair cable..............................
Corvette Antenna Mast 1979-1982
The new GM replacement mast is 40 inches in length. It's made to fit 84-87 ,but can be used from a 78-82 w/ the supplied mounting adapter. They say you have to use new wiring and a splitter with it according to Davie's Corvette supplies.
Don't know if the GM replacement is a four section. Thanks for the information the original CB mast length. :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom