Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel injector choices...

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
Well I am open to any and all suggestions. I would like to know what injectors I should buy. What about the pink tops everybody talks about? Any part numbers?

I know I am going to get 30# but I am more interested in brand?? I have heard accel's are junk, but everyone talks about the pink tops. Just exactly what are the pink tops?

I have Accels in my 76 it was my daily driver for 4 years with over 30,000 miles on it with no injector related problems; I must have gotten a good set. :upthumbs

Accels have gotten a bad rap. A lot of folks put ones that are too large into their engines. Without a custom tune, the engine runs like ****. They blame the injector instead of themselves.

If you size the injector properly, Accels will work just fine. Goes for any other major brand out there.

I believe there is a site where you can figure out how big or small injector you need. Does not come to mind right now. Help someone!

SAVE THE :w

I am sure we would all be surprised if we found out just exactly how many injector manufacturers there were. A lot of stuff is re boxed and sold under a different name.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I ended up order the Bosch/Ford injectors from Summit. They should arrive Monday. I am gong to start another thread with questions about the install. Basically any advice.

I was also wondering about the lube you put on the o-rings when you slide them into the intake??

I lubed my o-rings with clean motor oil - just a slight coating so that they turn freely, which they still do (had to fix a manifold leak this month).

Thanks for the info!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom