Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fuel Line Replacement

Tom73

Corvette
73 LS4 Coupe - 04 CE Conv
Had a rusty tank and fuel lines on my 73 L82. Have pulled the tank and just finished pulling out the fuel lines. I have new replacements for both. But to get the fuel lines out due to the kick up they had to come out in sections. Am very concerned about having clearance to get the new lines in. I realize that I will have to cut the line to get it to go throught the forward frame crossmember but how do I get it to go over the kick up? The rear body mount is no problem but the body mount behind the door (accessed thru the access panel in the wheel well) will not budge. If I could get that one loose I could jack the body to get enough clearance. I don't want to force it and cause additional problems. So, any way to get the hard line in and not fooling with that body mount.

tom...

Tom,

I'm surprized no one has had to deal with this before

I can't help you either, I replaced mine with the body off.

I'm sure someone will be along that can tell you what to do.

Rick

Try soaking the bolt with plenty of penitrating oil for a day or two,drown it,hopfully that will help you get it loose.....luck

Are you trying to get it out with convential tools or an air wrench. I have had more luck on these type of stubborn bolts with an air wrench.

You could just abandon the line above the kick up and run hose through there. It would not be as good of a job as replacing it all the way, but sometimes you just have to make do. You shouldn't have any problem with the rest if you are able to drop the cross member a little. I you decide to lift the body, don't forget there are 4 body mounts on each side. You might want to start spraying silicroil in there every day for a week before trying the bolts.

BigFish,
That is what I am thinking about now, but am concerned that due to the bends in that area the line may be getting too much chaffing. Would really like to have a hard line in that area if possable.

tom...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom