Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

fuel rack leak

bill5674

Corvette
just noticed a fuel leak on my 90.it`s leaking at the fuel rail where the fuel line goes into the fuel rail.might be an o- ring? question...how does the line come apart? do i have to undo both fuel in and return lines all the way back to the regulater? i am sure somebody has had this apart before.. thanks

The only way to fix a leaking fuel rail is pull it out and replace the "O" rings.
The plenum and the runners have to come off first. Then can you get to the fuel rail. Not hard but a bit of work and new gaskets.

have the plenum off,question is,there are two fuel linesoff the front of the moter.lines are pre -fab together.i guess i have to remove the one going to the fuel regulter and then they both pull off.factory manual is no help..

The one going to the regulator is the feed if I'm not mistaken. The other is the return ... goes back to the gas tank. If you remove the forward most line from the fuel filter (frame rail under pass foot well) that may give you a bit of slack. Use a set of flare nut wrenches (aka line wrenches) to keep from boogering up the fittings.

:w

wish i could send you a picture of what i mean. thanks fo the response but the line mean is on top of the motorpassed the point where they thread together.it`s going into the fuel rail that i am questioning.

From threaded Feul line fitting to fuel rail looks like it is a permnent fixture. This appears to be the return line. From second threaded fuel line fitting to regulator has an O ring. I have mine off,I just looked at it.

:w

bill

could i ask you did you smell gas while you were driving, or you just happen to see the leak? i have gas smell i am trying to find?

had gas smell while driving and while parked.two steel fuel lines come up front, motor pass side.there is an o-ring that can leak .hard to see. mine was after that where it goes to the left side fuel rail and to the fuel regulater.it pulls right out of the regulater,but mine was leaking at the rail where the line pushes in.steel line into an aluminum rail....seized up ...bought a used rail and line.the supply house that i deal with has never had aproblem with the charcol can, in all the years they have been in the vette business. there is a solinoid on top that has been trouble over the years. good luck. let me know how you make out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom