Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Funny Thing Happened Yesterday

C4Tom

Corvette
1993 Black & Silver LT1 A4 Coupe
I've owned my 93 Vette for just over a year now. Over the first month of ownership, I was using and testing everything on the car.

Well, I found that everything worked on the car... except for the high beam switch. I was afraid to get into the column so I just lived without high beams.

Yesterday I was cleaning the car, changing oil, checking fluids, etc....
I got out the manual to see how to reset the change oil light. Saw the section on headlights and started reading. Well, come to find out you have to pull back hard on the turn signal arm to get it to work. I did and the high beams came on!!

To my surprise... Everything works!! ;LOL

Some people believe it to be cheating by resorting to the manual. Sheesh, next thing ya know you be finding storage compartments in the armrests!

What kind of man are you?...I'll bet you confess to your SO that you are lost and to please take out the map and help you locate yourself. ;)

C4Tom said:
I've owned my 93 Vette for just over a year now. Over the first month of ownership, I was using and testing everything on the car.

Well, I found that everything worked on the car... except for the high beam switch. I was afraid to get into the column so I just lived without high beams.

Yesterday I was cleaning the car, changing oil, checking fluids, etc....
I got out the manual to see how to reset the change oil light. Saw the section on headlights and started reading. Well, come to find out you have to pull back hard on the turn signal arm to get it to work. I did and the high beams came on!!

To my surprise... Everything works!! ;LOL

Well....that switch is very hard. I'm afraid of breaking it off someday. Must be something with the 93's or is it that way with a lot of the C4's?

under the steering column is the hi-beam switch bracket. it is slotted for the 2 screws. loosen them and move the bracket fwd/back to make the hi-beam switch work properly.

WaveDoggie said:
Some people believe it to be cheating by resorting to the manual. Sheesh, next thing ya know you be finding storage compartments in the armrests!

;LOL

For some reason... I just read this.

What??? There are storage compartments in the armrests??? ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

JonM said:
What kind of man are you?...I'll bet you confess to your SO that you are lost and to please take out the map and help you locate yourself. ;)

Um... sorry for upsetting the boat. Perhaps I should not have mentioned the manual part. :D

SO ???

You mean not everyone uses a map when thye get lost??? ;LOL

Thanks for the info/help, Skip!

I'd have found it by now if my old broken body would allow me to bend enough to reach anything under the dash. ;LOL

no worries mon'

I had my C4 a year before I found the cargo cover under the rear deck..

you are not alone
Rain

Yeah, my high beam switch was a might hard to engage, but it did work---until the first bodyshop got ahold of it and the heavy-handed techs there bah-roke it!!! Then lied about it. Best thing I ever did before I handed the Vette over was to do a walk-around with the claims adjuster. We did exterior and interior. So I had validation that everything on and in the car was working. So while the tech was telling his lie--"uh, yeah lady. It's an old car and things break. Yeah, and uhm..., your steering wheel tilt is gonna break too, cause yeah, it's an old car and things wear out..." Blah, blah, blah.
I stopped the guy and showed him my documentation on the walk-around and said, "Listen. Here's a 'lil tip for ya, kay? Ya BREAK IT, ya FIX IT!" Simple enough. So they put a new one on, screwed it in so tight I could barely move it. I had to loosen the bracket screws and now it works like new. Well, ok, it is new. So now it works like it should.
But the above is why the car is at a Vette redo bodyshop right now. The first bodyshop just didn't care about workmanship and it showed. That switch became the least of my problems.
:w

Thanks for the info on the adjustment....I honestly did not know it was there. I've been fighting this thing for a long time....all those late nights driving home from the shore on nothing but bug and deer infested roads I was reluctant to switch the thing on and off.....live and learn! Thanks Skip! Vee, I can't believe your having your car done again! :eyerole

C4Tom said:
;LOL

For some reason... I just read this.

What??? There are storage compartments in the armrests??? ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

95 has em! Anybody know when they first came out?

Chevrolet redesigned the interior for 1994. They added a passenger side air bag where there was a glove box. Because they lost storage space, they put storage areas in both arm rests.

The Vette was not the first car to have arm rest storage areas. Does anyone know what car first had them? I am talking domestic here. No import stuff! ;)

Save The Wave! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom