Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FX3 and Z51 with Auto Transmission

D

davidj66

I have an 1990 L-98 Coupe Automatic with Selective Ride Control and the Z51 handling packaging. In a sales brochue I recently picked up on Ebay it stated that these options are only available with the 6-speed. Does anyone know more about this? Thanks alot.

David,

Are you sure you have the Z51 Performance option?

Aren't FX-3 and Z51 mutually exclusive ? Or rather didn't Z51 cease before then. Refer to the spec pages for more info.

Nope. 1990 was the last year for the Z51 option. It was replaced by the Z07 option in 1991 and then reappeared on the 1996 model year. My understanding and according to Michael Antonick's Corvette Black Book, Z51 was a coupe only option.

Rob.........you the man.....or rather the Vette enthusiast holding the black book is the man. By the way Rob, wearing those CAC T-shirts at the hospital. The other day a rad. w/a BMW says to me in passing "cool shirt"

Indeed they are, though i wish there were generation specific CAC T-shirts. Shirt has started conversations w/patients who are or were at one time Vette owners. As I told Rob previously this is a great thing for more than one reason!

FX3

Ok, I just looked again at my build sheet and I don't have Z51. Just FX3. Can anyone tell me if this is common?

davidj66, I'm a few months out from my research/purchase, I think basically what you have there is a soft ride car w/adj. shocks. I have heard that because of potential probs w/shock actuators that it's best to pick a ride position you like and leave it there My '89 is a FE1 soft ride car. By the way, I noticed your '66 birth date, someone like me who more than likely hit those wierd '80's with gusto!

FX3

Yea, I have FE1 soft ride suspension and leave it on TOUR because SPORT and PERF feel like driving over RR tracks most of the time. The 80's were the best! I owned a 68 conv in 1985 and sold it too early for some cash. Life just got better with the recent purchase of this 1990 coupe.

devlboy said:
Rob.........you the man.....or rather the Vette enthusiast holding the black book is the man. By the way Rob, wearing those CAC T-shirts at the hospital. The other day a rad. w/a BMW says to me in passing "cool shirt"

Cool! I'm glad the shirts are making a hit! :)

-Rob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom