Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FYI: Mobil1 5W30 Synthetic On Sale at O'Reilly Auto Parts

timfitz63

Corvette
'98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
For those who do their own oil changes, or provide the materials to your mechanic so they can perform it for you:

I recently learned that O'Reilly Auto Parts has several grades of the Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil on sale for $4.99/qt. -- including the 5W30 recommended for the C5 (and probably C6) Corvettes. That's about $2-3/qt. off the regular price!

Sale ends this coming Tuesday (25 January 2011), so hurry in and grab some! :thumb

That is a good price.

If you have a Walmart in your area (and you actually want to go there), they carry five quart containers (the normal large container is only four quarts every where else) of Mobil 1 for $20-22.00 as their normal price. :)

... If you have a Walmart in your area (and you actually want to go there), they carry five quart containers (the normal large container is only four quarts every where else) of Mobil 1 for $20-22.00 as their normal price. :)

Hmmm. Are you sure of that price? My recollection is that Wal*Mart wants closer to $26 for that 5-qt. jug... :confused

Hmmm. Are you sure of that price? My recollection is that Wal*Mart wants closer to $26 for that 5-qt. jug... :confused

It was a couple of months ago that I bought some, and at that time it had gone up from $20.00 to $22.00 per 5 qt. container, maybe it has gone up since I was there last.

It was a couple of months ago that I bought some, and at that time it had gone up from $20.00 to $22.00 per 5 qt. container, maybe it has gone up since I was there last.

Dunno. Either I'm not remember it correctly, or I need to start shopping at your Wal*Mart... ;)

I'll have to check next time I wander into the Wal*Mart near my house...

Looks like O'Rielly wont sell the oil on-line. I think that because most carriers won't ship oil related products. Walmart is still the better bet.

Yeah, it would seem so. I had the chance to check the price on the 5-quart jug at Wal*Mart near my house over the weekend: $24.50; which means that the price-per-quart is $4.90 -- about $0.09/quart less than the O'Reilly sale price...

We buy in bulk most of our lubricants and I checked what we paid for a 55 gallon drum back in October and it figured out to $4.65 per quart .Big discounts on Mobil 1 are hard to find .High prices are much easier :)

hasn't mobil changed the base stock lately ?
I heard it's not the same as it used to be , meaning not as good....
I just can't remember where I read that

Costco has a nine buck off coupon this month.

:LYou should not drink and read.:L:L:L:L

Mobil 1 has changed it's formula three or four time since the late 60's .The claim is that it's all about quality upgrades .I would think it has a little to do with profits also .Mobil 1 is probably no worse than it was 20 yrs ago .We use synthetics in just about everything and I believe we have saved money on repairs and service intervals .Keep in mind that you gain MPG's in all vehicles which is worth something.

Today at the Walmart in my area Mobil 1 full synthetic is now $24.50 for a 5 qt. container. Nov 2010 it was $22.00 for the same 5 qt. jug.

jrose7004;The bad thing about buying oil at Walmart is that you have to go in Walmart which I've vowed to not do anymore!;LOL[/QUOTE said:
They have done very well not knowing the meaning of customer service .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom