Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

G Meter in HUD

DonB

Corvette
2019 ZO6 in Elkhart Lake Blue
I recently bought a 2005 C6 that has a HUD with a G-meter. She has the F55 magnetic selective ride suspension with Goodyear F1 Run-Flat's. What would be the LIMIT on the G-meter before "loosing it." I realize there are a million variables involved but do any of the "experienced" guys here have maybe a "guideline?"

I believe that the advertised limits on a C6 were around 1G. Now tires, suspension, springs, shocks, sway bars, etc have an affect. The highest I've seen on mine was .62 G and that wasn't pushing it all.

Mine is stock Z51...except for tires. I'm running Firestone run flats.

Mine is stock Z51...except for tires. I'm running Firestone run flats.

Thanks Tom. Mine is stock too except for the K&N air filters and a Corsa exhaust. How do you like the 'Stones? Which ones do you have and how do you like them compared to the original Goodyears? I will eventually need to replace mine and the Goodyear's and Mich's are mighty expensive. Primarily do the 'Stones GRAB as good as the others?

Thanks,Don

Well, I do have a couple of the "Green Filters". They are similar to the K&N and I have a Borla Stinger exhaust. As for the Firestones, they have been pretty good. They are a summer time tire and they have pretty good grip. I'm trying to remember what kind of tires were on 007 when I bought it......worn pretty good :) I had Michelin AS2+ ZPs on my 2001 and really liked them. I really wanted Michelin for 007 but didn't have the coin to do it at the time. I'd buy the Firestones again. Where we live, I just can't do non run flats. We live in a VERY rural area.

I agree. I'm in SW burbs of Chicago and I would be skeptical of anything that isn't a run flat too. Seeing how GM in their infinite wisdom decided no jacks or spares. Although I can't see where they could put them....LOL! I also like the Mich's but they are pricey. Maybe, I'll start another thread comparing the tires. After all,..That's why we are all here.

Love the color of 007 too. Mine's Victory Red. Do(or did) you fly that plane. It looks like a classic? Gotta be a BLAST!

No, I wish. Every year a local charitable group does a "Run, Drive and Fly" to raise funds for their organization. A couple years ago this guy flew in for the deal. I HAD to take that picture. The guy was really good about it and I was tickled.

It's a 1939 (IIRC) Air Corp trainer, used to train pilots in WWII.

Hi Don, on the street, I've seen .7 to .8, on track 1.2, so it will show what ever it is doing. Verified this against my data logger via video..

By the way love the color, Atomic Orange is the best.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Max "G" depends a lot on the radius of the turn also. An entrance ramp at 40-60 and .8 to .9 feels pretty good. 110 to 120 at .7 - .75 can get your attention.
I've seen a little over .9 G's on selected turns where I have practiced plenty of times.
When my wife and I do "open road races," we try to keep the speeds and G's at a more 'comfortable' .7 to .75 - this translates to also being below our car's and our personal limits.

A long time ago, I read that there was a way to retrieve the latest high-G reading from the HUD after it has returned to reading the current G value. I just can't remember how to do that now. Any one remember how to do that?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom