Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

gas filter and PCV

larryfs

new to me LT4......
can someone point me to the gas filter and PCV valve so I can replace them.
thx
Larry

If you look at the passengers side of the motor, towards the back, you'll see two hoses running up to the fuel runners. Follow those back, towards the bottom of the motor, and it will take you to the filter. There is no service inteval for the filter, so you should only need to replace it if it's clogged. If you need it, I can fax/email the service manual procedure to you.

As for the PCV valve, let me ask a few questions and I'll let you know.

Jason

gas filters should be changed every 2 years. if you wait till it's clogged, your lossing pressure, or will kill your fuel pump. It's good maintenance to change it like brake fluid. most people don't but they should.

Larry

My service manual gives a description of the opperation of the PCV, but it fails to mention where it is located. I've looked on the engine of my car, and havent seen one anywhere obvious. There has to be one though, right? :confused

Jason

I thought so, but when I bought one for my old LT1, I was thinking, WTF?? i looked everywhere and it was not to be found... i just found a tube with no PCV attached.... My LT4 is the same way...

All the bad info in this post was edited/corrected ..........

fuel filter is located behind the right front wheel in the carriage and s/b replaced every 30K miles...............as pointed out by Larryfs.....
Twigget found the pcv under the opposite rail cover.........

When I talked to the Corvette people to locate these two parts(fuel filter and pcv valve) that's what I was told. Maybe they had the wrong year and car.....maybe they thought I said chevette with an l-4...............who knows.......that source has been 86'd and I'll triple check next time............I apologize for the errors....thanks Larry for turnin' my ride uprite.........wondered why it wouldn't go any where when I let the clutch out:bash :bash :bash :bash :bash :bash

Found it!! The PCV valve is on the left side of the intake manifold under the plastic "beauty cover".

As soon as I read that a lightbulb went off above my head,:) and I thought "So that's what that is!!!"

Jason
;stupid

fuel filter is located behind the RIGHT FRONT wheel, not the left rear as stated above. maybe the gentleman above has his car shinny side down??

any yes the PCV valve is under the left cover

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom