Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

gas leak

R

RayL81

Just noticed the smell of gas this morning, as I went into the garage to start my 81 coupe. I noticed a wet area on the garage floor as I backed out. It looked as thouogh it may be the fuel pump area. Any thoughts??

What ever the problem, get it fixed. Leaking gas spells danger It should not be difficult to determine where it's coming from.
My advice, don't drive it until it's repaired. Fire is an ugly thing.

Carlo

Speaking of fire Ray, If this is your first Corvette be sure to have a fire estinguisher somewhere on board. Fire is truely an ugly thing. Carlo is right.... get it fixed now. It could also be a lose or cracked fuel line too.

Good Luck............. Nut

Gas Leak

I appreciate the advice guys only one problem, I drove it to work today. I'm going to buy a fire extinguisher at lunch time. Thanks for your help.

Great shot Ray. And in Silver too. Outstanding.

.......... Nut

Thanks for giving her a compliment. How do you guy's get the photo on the left side of your posting?? Im embarrassed to say I work in Information Technology.

Bad Cruise

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting the cruise control on my 81??

Gas Leak

When the diaphragm in the fuel pump goes bad it will leak fuel out of a small hole in the pump.. After you shut the motor off feel around the fuel pump for gas. Also check the rubber hoses at the pump etc.. Hope this helps.......

Thanks Roy,
I'll check the areas you suggested when I get home from work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom