Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gas

C

CSCARLSON

IT HADN'T OCCURED TO BE BEFORE NOW I GUESS...BUT I WAS WAITING IN LINE AT THE GAS STATION AND MOST OF THE LANES WERE 2CAR DEEP OR MORE....AND YOU KNOW THAT CARS HAVE GAS PORTS ON LEFT OR RIGHT SIDE,,, ANYWAY I NOTICED 1 LANE OPEN ANY NO ONE THERE AND IT'S GREAT HAVING A VETTE WHERE THE GAS TANK IS IN THE MIDDLE ...SO I PULLED OVER TO THE EMPTY LANE AND BEGAN FUELING UP,,,BOY DID I GET THE MEAN LOOKS,,OH WELL" CORVETTES DO HAVE THEIR PRIVILAGES...

gas tank

You bdet I have noticed where gas tanks are located.:eyerole I have to remember which car I am driving so I know what side of the pump to pull up to now.:confused No confusion when driving the vette.:J Now the on;y problem I have is remember which octane to use.:eek

Bev.
yellow 81
copr/princess:Twist

gas tank

i usually use the med-grade in my vette and every third fill up i put in high grade,,i know it's a little pricy but it seems to do good that way....i went to lunch at mcdonalds ,,,the drive thru and the kid at the window that gives you the food asks what year and i said it was an '80 and his reply was that he liked the older vettes and i said i like the sharks too,, he was confused on that comment,,you know the 70-81's look like sharks and i like them too,,where are you from?

sharks Yeehaw

I like the shark body styling, too. We used to call them a coke bottle shapre at first. Now this was way, way back in teh golden oldie years.;-)

I have to think which gas because I drive 3 different cars. That is what gets very confusing. But I usually use regular in two of them. Since we got the new engine in the 81, I have been using regular in it. So now I am not quite so confused. Used to use a different type in each car before.

Sc here.

Bev.
yellow 81
copr/princess

Yah know, gm could never make up its mind on which side to put the filler . I prefer consistancy. My car has a label on the back side of the gas door (been there since at least the early '70s) "High Test only" I use 93 octane squirrel pi$$ .
and occasionally run into a bad batch.
I like the "coke bottle" & "Shark". Is there a name for the C4 ??
rod

C4 nickname

I'm sorry, but I call the C4 by what it looks like to me...a wedge.
I'd prefer a better nickname...anyone got one?

I also enjoy not having to worry about which side of the pump to pull up on. I usually pull up to the pump on my R so I don't have to worry about the driver door hitting anything. Hubby's new truck is a pain for me to drive, since I rarely drive it...everything is different...I spend 5min pushing buttons and pulling levers, getting in and out of the vehicle. I prefer my simple old Vette. I do wish I had time delay wipers, tho!

Sil

C4 name

Don't think they ever came out with any name for a C4. I think it has a grand style.:s Although, all vettes look really good to me.

Now back to gas.....................the price has come down here.:J I filled one car on Tuesday and paid $1.37. I had to fill the other one today and only paid $1.20. I sure hope this trend continues.:upthumbs

Bev.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom