Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Gauge Cluster Instrument Lamps

rockman

Just finished realigning the A/C ducts on my '81. I was surprised to see that the whole duct assembly is held up by only 1 screw. I also replaced weatherstrip on the ducts hoping to provide better seal and more air into the passenger compartment. When I did all this I took the center dash out and I decided to replace all the lamps to the gauges. Foolishly I took them all out without realizing that some of receptacles for the bulbs are different colors. Is there a reason for them to be colored differently and does anyone have a guide for replacing. Any help would be appreciated.

if you check your owners manual (or assembly manual etc) you will note that the panel calls for 2 different # bulbs (i have no idea why, but on my 78 for instance the clock bulb is different than most of the others). it might have something to do with the gauge position in the cluster (and i assume you are referring to the bulbs for the guages, not the indicator lights like the seatbelt indicator or the battery lamp, etc). you should be able to get the bulb number off each bulb and match it up. as a suggestion, as long as you have it apart, you should change out everything you can with fresh just to save you the time and trouble of having to take it all apart in the near future.

steve

I don't know if this will help or not, but it is a list of the Light Bulbs for our 1981

1981 Bulbs

Bud

i stand corrected. i just looked at my owners manual again, and i was confusing the center guages with the speedometer/tach panel. all the bulbs in my manual are 194 for the center cluster regardless of indicator or illuminator. the speedometer/tach panel calls for 192 bulbs.

Rare81, thanks for the chart. My manual does not seem to have this chart...should prove to be very useful.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom