Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Getting close......

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
Well, I've got my fingers crossed. I'm looking at a '90 Red on Black with 18,000 miles:) Just trying to work out some payment options that will work for me.....I'll keep everyone posted. I should be getting the VIN# soon. If anyone has any way of researching VIN's, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.......

Jay

Jay,

Goodluck and fingers crossed here. Keep us posted. Check out our Carfax Center. The link up above under Site Resources.

Thanks Rob! I will definately check out the CarFax link when I get the VIN. Kinda sucks right now......I'm in that waiting stage. I'll keep ya posted:)

Sounds Great Jay,
Keep us posted. Both Rob and I have a 1990 and I'm sure we'll be able to answer most questions that may come up!

-Gordy

Go Jay, Go!

Glad to hear that it's gettin' closer to Vette drive time. :cool:

CLOSE!

Jay:

I'll bet you're excited and, at the same time, nervous as a kitten. Coupe or Rag top? Six speed or auto? Previous owner service records? Look for everything. Get a second and third opinion. I know all these things are a pain but you won't be sorry later. See you crusin' soon.

Congratulations Jay! I know how it feels to be waiting for the car of your dreams. The check for my GS was lost in the mail, so I got the bank to FedEx a new check to recieving where I work. They lost the check for about 3 hours! Finally it was found and the car was mine!

Al,

All the ZR-1's sold to the general public where 6-speed coupes. There where a handfull of convertible ZR-1's given to GM VIP's though.

Jason

ZR-1 Convertibles

There were some prototype ZR-1 Convertibles done by GM, however they were not approved for production and all were destroyed. For the same reason the GS Convertible has the 285 rear wheels in lieu of the 315s that came on the coupe, what killed the idea of a ZR-1 Convertible was the 315 rear tire. If you had a flat rear tire while on the road and the spare went on - there was no place to put the 315 flat. Hence, the ZR-1 Factory Convertibles could not be released to anybody based on safety. Besides, GM hasn't done that for years anyway.

Hope this helps.

Doug Johnson
Editor - Vettes Online

Thumbs up........so far......:)

Hey, Thanks for the support everyone!:D It's looking very good so far. I'm getting excited over here. I'm happy to say that the ZR I'm looking at has been well taken care of. The current owner has had many Vettes in the past & also has a couple in his garage......which is a great sign. It's an early car......#365 with the steel half shafts. Very clean all over. I'm just waiting on some current pics of the interior & motor (both are said to be in great shape). If they are as nice as the other pics I've seen, this might be the one:)

twiget- That had to be a living nightmare for those 3 hours!.....at least it all worked out!

I'm hoping on an email tonite.....I'm getting nervous....no fingernails left:)

Jay

Jay,

Fingers and toes crossed here dude!!!! Good luck! :D

If I can help, give me a shout.

JT ZR-Won,
Sounds promising! :J

The ZR-1 your looking at must have been made the same day as mine.
I'm # 357 with steel half-shafts and with just 18232 miles also. :)

They say they took "extra care" building the Early 1990 ZR-1's as the whole automotive world was watching and waiting for "The King of the Hill" to be introduced.

-Gordy

Steel Half-Shafts said:
JT ZR-Won,
Sounds promising! :J

The ZR-1 your looking at must have been made the same day as mine.
I'm # 357 with steel half-shafts and with just 18232 miles also. :)

-Gordy

Gordy, that's pretty cool.....your's was just ahead of it rolling of the line....that's ironic about the mileage too:)

Jay

Well, I should know for sure if this whole ZR-1 this is going to happen sometime later today. The dealer will be calling & so will the insurance co. Oh boy...........i'm sweatin' bulletts here.........

Fingers and toes crossed! Good luck Jay. Let us know as soon as you hear anything!

Anticipation

Well Jay:

Waiting to hear about your new car. You said today is the day.

See you on Van Dyke!

Re: Anticipation

GreyGhost said:

See you on Van Dyke!

ha!.....you bet Al:).......well, the insurance quote worked out a lot better than I expected. Somehow the ZR-1 works out to be a little cheaper than my S-10 pick-up!!???:confused: .....hey, that works for me. Just awaiting news from the dealer now. If this works out, I might have #365 in my garage in about 2 weeks. The suspense is killing me:)

I think it may be killing me a little more. I will be psyched if you get this Vette Jay! Actually, I think we all will be. :J

This reminds me of when I was at the point you're at now....it's getting down to the hour....you're pacing back and forth waiting for that telephone to ring.....it rings, you get the ok....you have a sudden rush of adrenalin, do a little dance of excitement with a loud..."YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....and then it hits.......a vision of the monthly payment start to float by in front of your eyes.....the insurance bill......gently floats behind in tow......and you suddenly think...."oh......$%^&......what did I just do"......as the color slowly drains from your face....and your knees start to buckle. :L :L

Rob said:
This reminds me of when I was at the point you're at now....it's getting down to the hour....you're pacing back and forth waiting for that telephone to ring.....it rings, you get the ok....you have a sudden rush of adrenalin, do a little dance of excitement with a loud..."YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"....and then it hits.......a vision of the monthly payment start to float by in front of your eyes.....the insurance bill......gently floats behind in tow......and you suddenly think...."oh......$%^&......what did I just do"......as the color slowly drains from your face....and your knees start to buckle. :L :L

:D...You hit the nail right on the head, Rob! Yeah, it's basically getting to the point of do or die now. I have to call the dealership in the morning to see what's going on...........(gulp)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom