Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Getting the serpentine belt on

Just glad you got it fixed. My 05 is still sitting at the dealership waiting for a air bag module and I am having some serious withdrawls. Happy motoring.

I guess that all of those years in the gym paid off. I just route the belt around everything but the alternator. Then I push the tensioner down with my right hand and push the belt over the alternator pulley with my left hand. The whole process takes lest than 60 seconds.

Hey ... this was a learning experience for all of us. Now I appreciate how simple the tensioner setup on the 84 is, but next Vette I get may be filled with similar surprises.

A toast to this forum and the mind-melding that goes on here ... live well and prosper!

Anyone have problems getting this belt back on?
Is there a technique or trick to it?

Again I am trying to help a friend of mine on his 90 - I was by his place the other day and we took off the alternator as it stopped charging. He is trying to get the belt on after the one was installed. It was tight coming off, but he now has a 1/2" drive ratchet to release the tensioner but still can't get it back on. It's a half hour drive to his house and I will go there if I have to - I am hoping a friendly C4 owner knows the trick and I can relay it over the phone.

Thanks
I had a simular problem yesterday. It seems belts are like cloths, the size varies with manufactures. I had a goodyear gatorback, and short of siding it on with a screwdriver or some other tool,(I didnt want to damage a pulley) it was not going on. It seemed to short. I returned it, went to Advance auto, got the 'Drive Rite' belt, and it went on like the old one came off. It was a little tight, but I got it on with my hand.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom