Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Glove box bulb O.U.T.!

vee93

Corvette
1993 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Coupe
While rooting around in the glove box tonight, I suddenly realized why I couldn't see anything. The bulb has gone out. Not bad for 14 years. And its something I can live with if I had to--since it bugs me that it is out--has anyone ever replaced the bulb in the glove box? If so, how? Thanky! :w

Well..., since I didn't get an answer from y'all..., in the time that passed, I figured it out. So for those of you who will need to know in the future, here's how you change the bulb in the glove box.
Pop off the light cover, reach in and pop out the bulb, then put a new one in there. Simpler than I ever imagined.
Oh, be careful, you drop it, it's gone.:v

Thanks for the follow up to your problem. At some time I will need to know what you found out and appreciate your giving the fix for that particular problem.:upthumbs

Dear vee93,

Victory Red C6 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to
entitled - Glove box bulb O.U.T.! - in the C4 General Discussion forum of
Corvette Action Center.

This thread is located at:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95791&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by vee93)---
While rooting around in the glove box tonight, I suddenly realized why
I couldn't see anything. The bulb has gone out. Not bad for 14 years.
And its something I can live with if I had to--since it bugs me that it
is out--has anyone ever replaced the bulb in the glove box? If so, how?
Thanky! :w
---End Quote---
Can't imagine that you timed the amount of time that your glove box
light bulb lasted before it burned out. To keep track of all the seconds
and minutes that the bulb was on is totally unimaginable and to sum up
had to be difficult. I also cannt inagine that you had your glove box
open for a total of 14 years.

I would guess that it took you longer to log in and type your question
then what it took to change the bulb. I would also venture to say that
the Operators Manual in your glove box probably gives the information
necessary to change the glove box light bulb. Oh, but I forgot you
couldn't see anything in your glovebox, so I guess you were not able to so
the manual.

I do have one question though. If you couldn't see anything in the
glove box. How did you find the burned out light bulb?

Victory RedC6!!!
Ooooowhee!!! Aren't you clever!?!!It's good that you can't imagine my glovebox being open for 14 years. Seeing how it wasn't, I mistakenly assumed in my posting that folks would know the 14yrs. refers to the life of the Vette. And your venture in saying the Owner's Manual would provide such info--naw!!! It's why I posted my question on the CAC.
As for locating how to fix the problem --one word: FLASHLIGHT!!! ;LOL:w

Thanks for the follow up to your problem. At some time I will need to know what you found out and appreciate your giving the fix for that particular problem.:upthumbs

Hey John:w
You're welcome.

GloveBox, Corvettes have gloveboxes????? :D I looked at your thread, but beings 94's don't have such a luxury I couldn't help you. But I do look in case the question comes up again I can at least point someone in the right direction for help.

Welll......they sorta' do....it's called a "center consol storage compartment". :D:D

Welll......they sorta' do....it's called a "center consol storage compartment". :D:D

Yea, maybe they could call it that is because the center console could hold maybe 1 glove. ;LOL

GloveBox, Corvettes have gloveboxes????? :D I looked at your thread, but beings 94's don't have such a luxury I couldn't help you. But I do look in case the question comes up again I can at least point someone in the right direction for help.

Yeah, they do. See D.O.Dug's post, he's right--that convoluted name for a lidded hole in the dash. Doesn't hold much--not even the owner's manual if it comes with the zip-up case. Your 94, the 95s and 96s are outfitted with airbags in that spot. Thanks for the offer, but it was a much simpler fix than I anticipated.
:w

2 gloves and small items like napkins, pen lights, extra bulbs, etc... If your Vette doesn't have one, you aren't missing much.

Yeah, they do. See D.O.Dug's post, he's right--that convoluted name for a lidded hole in the dash. Doesn't hold much--not even the owner's manual if it comes with the zip-up case. Your 94, the 95s and 96s are outfitted with airbags in that spot. Thanks for the offer, but it was a much simpler fix than I anticipated.
:w

Yea, I knew that, I was trying to be funny. ;shrug That's one of the pluses (in my opinion) for the 92-93 model years.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom