Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Canada Announces Pricing for 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
OSHAWA, Ontario (August 12, 2005) - GM Canada announced that the fastest Corvette ever – the 505-horsepower Corvette Z06 which will achieve 0-60 km/h in 3.7 seconds while in first gear – will arrive in dealerships this fall. The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) for the 2006 Corvette Z06 with a standard manual 6-speed transmission will start at $89,900.

“The highly anticipated Corvette Z06 completes the sixth-generation portfolio at an incredible value when compared to others in the premium sports car segment,” said Norm Sawula, Marketing Manager for Large/Luxury Cars. “For all its race-inspired functionality, the Corvette Z06 is designed to be refined as a daily driver with sophisticated and comfortable interior and generous cargo volume.

Corvette Z06 features include:
  • LS7 7.0-litre/427-cubic-inch Gen IV V-8 engine with lightweight reciprocating components
  • 505 horsepower (373 kw) @ 6300 rpm
  • 470 lb. –ft. of torque (657 Nm) @ 4800 rpm
  • 7000 rpm redline
  • Aluminum body structure with one-piece hydroformed perimeter rails frame and magnesium engine cradle
  • Carbon-fiber composite front fenders, front wheelhouses and floors
  • Dry-sump engine lubrication system
  • Hand-built engine at GM’s new Performance Build Centre
  • Unique design styling that includes a larger grille, cold-air scoop and lower air splitter, wide-body front and rear fenders and a taller rear spoiler
  • Engine, transmission and differential oil coolers and steering cooler
Developed alongside the Corvette C6-R race car, the Corvette Z06 uses advanced lightweight materials typically found only in the most exotic supercars. Use of weight-saving materials such as carbon fiber, aluminum, titanium and magnesium gives the 3,132-pound car a highly competitive weight-to-power ration of 6.2 pounds per horsepower.

Headquartered in Oshawa Ontario, General Motors of Canada employs more than 20,000 people nationwide. GM of Canada manufactures a variety of vehicles, engines, transmissions and other components, and markets the full range of General Motors vehicles and related services through 785 dealerships and retailers across Canada. Vehicles sold through this network include Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, GMC, Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn and Saab.

Natalie Nankil
905-644-3936
natalie.nankil@gm.com
<!-- #EndEditable --><!-- (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( end content area )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) -->

Anyone feel like dishing out an $89,000 "research grant"? I'll be researching the amount of enjoyment more fiberglass will have on my life. I promise a full report of no less than 5 words in return for the grant!

i just looked at my magazine and it says that itll cost 65,800. less the the porche 911 which was the goal...but this was Detriot..iunno if thats different from canada

As noted in Rob's post, this is Canadian pricing.

At today's exchange rate, the $89,900 Canadian dollar base price equals $75,091 in U.S. funds.

There are always slight differences in Canadian-delivered Chevrolets as well as taxation issues that further affect the actual price.

It's the same price of a loaded Canadian 'vert c6-05!
-Bill.;)

Is that really the exact text of the press release? Hope not, 'cause 60Km/H is only 37MPH - I would have expected them to quote a 0-100KPH time of 3.7 seconds. 100Km/H is 62MPH.

Suprised nobody caught this sooner...

1hotZ06 said:
Is that really the exact text of the press release? Hope not, 'cause 60Km/H is only 37MPH

Yep. The guys up North get the reduced HP down version. They also get the scaled down model. Here is a pic. of what it looks like:

;LOL

H.D.:w

Woo hoo! Awesome car.

Now all I need is the right lottery ticket!
By the way, how many do they plan on building per year?

They will build as many a year as you can buy with those lottery winnings!! :L:L;LOL;LOLBut if more than one of us wins the lottery, the plant may have problems!! :D:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom