Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: GM Corvette Stingray Concept Driven And Detailed

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
1_1603.jpg

The GM Corvette Stingray concept has a conceptual hybrid powertrain and iPhone app-like downloads, it represents a merger of GM design and technology from the past, present and future.

Watch here: http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ac4bf073c1bcd63171f8

Added by: SolidAxle62
Tags: stingray concept
Date: 2009-08-13

More...

I hope they stick with the 4 tailights which is a Corvette signature. The clamshell hood is awesome, the way the doors open are different, and the basic shape of the car is pretty cool. I dont like the front or back shapes I guess its for break cooling? Im not too nervouse because the Corvette never let anyone down!:cool

c7 corvette

I don't know about you guys but the concept vette is the b.o.m.b!To me anyway!I love it !I see 3 generations there.hallmark gifts has one in stores now for xmas. the store near me had 2 left!do you like it or hate it?;shrug

I think they should lose the Lambo door.

I agree, the Lambo doors have to go. The electric motors opening and closing the doors and hood have to go too. Sure it's great for the wow factor, but it is extra weight the car does not need.

Anyone notice the beauty covers on the motor? "Hybrid Stingray" I wonder what makes this car a hybrid? I really hope the C7 is not a hybrid car. Flexfuel would be ok, but not a hybrid.

:thumb Jason

The way the doors open is unique. My concern would be "crashworthiness" for this design. I'm also seeing damage to the rear diffuser via the heat from the exhaust ports. Hard to coment on the powerplant as I know nothing about it. Sounded nice, but I'm sure the EPA will ruin that.

c7

Smacks of the Manta-ray vette,nice concept,but these types of cars never see reality too radical for the public!Some features may make production. It looks big!I think GM might think smaller-lighter in the future;shrug

I agree, the Lambo doors have to go. The electric motors opening and closing the doors and hood have to go too. Sure it's great for the wow factor, but it is extra weight the car does not need.

:thumb Jason

They had electric doors on the Bricklin also and it was a bomb. I heard if your battery died you were stuck in the car. ;shrug

They should just put their pencils down, and go get some fresh air. Then come back and start "Working on something that IS broke !" :puke

They should just put their pencils down, and go get some fresh air. Then come back and start "Working on something that IS broke !" :puke

You mean like the crappy materials on the interior or did they finally fix that with the C6? Dave Hill told a bunch of us at a presentation in Denver that they were going to address the crappy interior quality when they brought out the C6. I don't know if they did or not.♠

Take my word for it....they did not fix the crappy interior! It's still crappy for a $50k + automobile.

Take my word for it....they did not fix the crappy interior! It's still crappy for a $50k + automobile.

That's too bad. Dave Hill spoke of this as if it was a done deal. He stated that Chevy had most certainly heard its critics and addressed this issue. This was back in 2002 I think. It's a shame that the interior quality of a Toyota Camry is better than the quality of a Vette. Maybe they'll fix it in the C7. ;shrug

Don't hold your breath, G.M. does not think a Sports Car deserves quality interior. That is reserved for their Caddilac line. My 09 Outback has better quality leather than the Corvette and the Outbacks Harmon-Kardon Radio knocks the socks off of the Blose.Why can't they use quality material in the Corvette,isn't it suppose to be Chevrolet's flagship automobile?Don't get me wrong I love the performance ,or I would not have bought it,but just fix the crappy interior.:mad

Inside/Outside

Not too wild about the style of the interior but ya gotta give the other guys something to whine about after ya blow the doors off their megadollar rides. Everyone know the Vette is all business, 'specially after all the racing championships and LeMans victories. I mean, 7min26sec Nordschliefe lap time! Holy smoke 'em to hell, Batman!

Let's get the word to GM for the C7.

Don't hold your breath, G.M. does not think a Sports Car deserves quality interior. That is reserved for their Caddilac line. My 09 Outback has better quality leather than the Corvette and the Outbacks Harmon-Kardon Radio knocks the socks off of the Blose.Why can't they use quality material in the Corvette,isn't it suppose to be Chevrolet's flagship automobile?Don't get me wrong I love the performance ,or I would not have bought it,but just fix the crappy interior.:mad

Yep, the Corvette is high quality, top to bottom, front to back, inside and out. Er, oops, not inside. I guess you have to take a crap someplace.

As far as the Blowse goes :puke

I agree the interior is very slackish. One would think, for the money, you might get something to look at. Seriously, you see a corvette and you think wow thats awesome, then you walk up and look inside and :WWTH.....thats it? Where is the wow factor inside the car? Not that it needs to make coffee or a latte but damn. When Im driving and I am showing off my car, I like to show cool buttons and things it can do while your inside. Yes I do agree it is a "drivers" car but come on, give us something.

Tweak it

I would like to see GM take the body style of the 1963 split window coupe then tweak the dimensions and body lines a little to modernize it then do a great retro-design.

No Lambo doors or European crapolla design involved.

What do you all think, would it work?

Keep 'em rollin' :W
Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom