Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GM Restoration Packages

H

Hijinx

Got the below from a friend today. Called and was able to get them to send me one for my '73. They did not ask me for my VIN. Thought ya'll would like to know. BTW, I called the first number and talked to a customer service rep.

.:_rock

For those of us who have...or want...older Vettes, The General is
offering some FREE information....

Some time ago I came across an item which stated that GM/Chevrolet would provide a "restoration package" to any owner who was looking for detailed information on the technical aspects of their Vette. It's an interesting package.

According to the very nice lady I spoke with this afternoon, she said she thought that the "Restoration Packages" are available for Vettes produced up to 1990. I took advantage of it on my 1966 projects.

For what it is worth, you can always try.

800-222-1020 or 810-696-4800. Be sure to have your Vehicle
Identification Number available.

I got that package for my '60. They sent me more info than I'll probably ever use, and it was free. Can't beat it. They didn't ask for my vin either.

I called yesterday and ordered one for my 1985. I was on hold forever, but the lady was very nice and said the package would arrive in 4 - 6 weeks. She did ask for my vin number. I can't wait for it to arrive to see what they've included! I'd encourage you to call. It's free and you've got nothing to lose! :)

I'm still waiting on mine.... It's been 4 weeks. They did request my vin number...

Thanks for the info...just ordered mine, 20 mins on hold...hey it's their dime...my time...

Wow!! I think this weekend I'll definitely call. Sounds like a good deal...FREE!! :) What exactly is included?

Thanks for the heads-up, Hijinx!! :D

Ordered one today as well. GM person was very pleasant, asked me a few questions about the car, gave me a run down of the package and seemed to be interested in what I was planning to do with the car.

I did not have the VIN with me, but he gave me his direct line to leave a message with the VIN when I get home this evening. The hold time was around 15-20 min, but again the guy was pleasant which was nice for a change.

I received a package for my 70 Cpe about 1 year ago. It included some spec sheets, a couple of sections from the Chevrolet repair manual, and I think some pages from the Spec guide. All told about 150 pages of stuff. A great package especially for the price. It looks like the General got it right .

re:

Just ordered mine they said 2-4 weeks, too bad I won't be able to see it for 2 months though:( , but when I go home for that two months I'll be able to drive my car again!
Thanks for the info hijinx.
-Chris

I ordered mine last month. Came in the mail two days later.

I ordered mine and it took about 10 days for delivery.
I called in March 2003 and it came in March 2003.

Very helpful and very free.

:D :D :D

JASON *** BRAND NEW MAGNECOR WIRES FOR SALE!!! *** 1979 L-82

gm restoration packages

not available to those of us with a canadian address, seems we have to pay a private canadian firm, so i gave my cousin's address and no problem they said 4 to 6 weeks. guess i should tell my cousin.

Re: gm restoration packages

72VETTETORONTO said:
not available to those of us with a canadian address, seems we have to pay a private canadian firm, so i gave my cousin's address and no problem they said 4 to 6 weeks. guess i should tell my cousin.

From: http://corvetteactioncenter.com/infosearch/index.php?cmd=area

For Corvettes sold in Canada and US:
Vintage Vehicle Services, a privately owned company operating on behalf of General Motors, offers special restoration packages which are very different from those that are offered for free in the US. These packages document your exact car, based on its VIN, listing options, production date, selling dealer, trim and paint codes, etc. on G.M. letterhead. These packages are available for any Canadian sold Corvette, or even U.S. sold cars if they are 8 years old or newer. The price (as of June 2002) is $48.15 Canadian including shipping and taxes. Call them with your Vehicle Identification (Serial) Number toll-free (in Canada) 1-888-467-6853, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EASTERN Time. (Outside Canada 1-905-644-3387 or 1-905-644-4060) or contact George Zapora via email. For more detailed information about Vintage Vehicle Services, please visit: http://www.gmcanada.com/english/maintenance/parts/parts_vint.html

Got mine ordered this morning. No hold time --- called one minute after opening time (8:00am).

The first thing I ordered after buying my car, lots of good information about options, brochures and marketing stuff for that year, etc. And free to boot...

ordered mine today, they were very nice and told me that I should have it in 10 days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom