Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: GM to restore 1 millionth Corvette damaged in sinkhole

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
GM to restore 1 millionth Corvette damaged in sinkhole

Melissa Burden, The Detroit News
11:37 p.m. EST December 3, 2014

Warren — – General Motors Co. on Wednesday said it will take about six months and an unknown amount of money to restore the 1-millionth Chevrolet Corvette off the assembly line that was heavily damaged when it plunged into a sinkhole at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

The automaker showed the smashed and dirty 1992 white convertible with red interior to the media at a studio ahead of work it expects to begin early next year. The car, which was given by GM to the museum, was one of eight Corvettes that fell into a 30-foot deep sinkhole in February.

The car is still covered in dirt and bits of gravel. Cement or dirt is visible inside a broken taillight, on the rear of the car, on the hood and the interior floor. There are scratches and paint is chipped in places, the rear suspension is heavily damaged, the front fender is mangled and the windshield is completely smashed. The interior is dirty, but intact.

Full Story: GM to restore 1 millionth Corvette damaged in sinkhole

I'm glad to see they're fixing it up although the only thing unique about it is the VIN.

Mac

I'm glad to see they're fixing it up although the only thing unique about it is the VIN.

Mac

Same as what the auctions call a true survivor car as compared to a restore. However, ditto I am glad to see they are restoring it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom