Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Goodyear! WTH!!

Gorgon

Corvette
None
I have a set of GS-D3's on my C5 and I've had them ~8 months. I picked up a screw in my left rear which is, of course, in the sidewall and can't be repaired. So I'm off to order a new tire...

Here's the problem, there's no stock anywhere. Tirerack and local Goodyear dealers our out as are the main Goodyear warehouses. How does this stuff happen? When I originally looked at the GS-D3 for the C5 they didn't have stock in one size anywhere then and that was years ago. This type of supply/service is enough for me to not replace my tires with Goodyear in the future. You never know when you're going to need a replacement and it'd be nice if you could order it when you need it. If this car wasn't my daily driver I guess I'd be less upset but I'm pretty frustrated right now.

Leon

Damn that is pretty awful. I hope you can find something.

After seeing the mess with Nascar this year I am glad I bought the BF Goodrich for my car.

The "D3" is a great tire yet GY can't seem to keep them available. I don't understand that either.

I'm hoping that Michelin doesn't fall into the same problem once they start shipping their C5 and C6 tires.

The "D3" is a great tire yet GY can't seem to keep them available. I don't understand that either.

I'm hoping that Michelin doesn't fall into the same problem once they start shipping their C5 and C6 tires.

I agree that the D3 is a great tire. I couldn't believe the performance increase when I had my C4 and couldn't wait to get them on the C5. No stock in C5 front sizes and this was two years ago. I was thinking that my next set may come from Michelin but I'll have to wait and see.

I had a local GY dealer finally locate a tire in a store in MD that had stock and it's shipping to my local store. It will take about a week to get here which isn't in time for the road trip we wanted to take this weekend. Wish Tirerack would have had stock since I would have saved ~$100. :mad

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom