Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

got a big problem

billyz06-2003

Corvette
2009 callaway crystal red coupe, 1995 pace car
Installed a labra front protector on car and traveled to col.springs for carfeast. when we got back took it off and had damage from one side to orther, rubbed clear off and had a little rip on one side and it made a gually where it slaped, could not see it slapping from the car. needless to say this is the pites. had three bids ranging from 700.00 to about 1200.00 I haven't contacted labra yet mainly because they will say it was not installed right, but it was nice and tight. has any one had the same problem and what was your recourse. any help or ideas, let me know because they should not get away with this.:mad:mad

Wow, I hate to read story's like that and it look's like your going to bite the bullit on this one, that's probably what the company will tell you....That it was installed wrong. SUCK'S! On our 99 we have the 3M- clearcoat film on the nose and side mirror's, coming home from carlisle this year as we were going up Interstate 81 in PA. we started getting pelted with small stone's about 1/4 to3/8 in diam. bouncing off the nose, windshield :rotfl everywhere!!!. Thought for sure the car was trashed . It was a trailer dump loaded with stone and the jerk driving didn't cover the load and it was blowing off the top. Getting to the bottom line the 3-M really did it's job,that's where the car was seeing most of the action. I think for the rest of the car (including windshield) the 100 or so coat's of zaino must have saved the finish.
499990657_e8f81487e1.jpg

Billy, your doing the right thing posting it here. Maybe we will see more of the same. Sorry to hear about the paint, that sucks bigtime. You payed the money to be protected, not to do damage. If they say it wasn't installed right, maybe it wasn't engineered right also. They share responsibility through proper material selection, fit and speed testing. LaBra, LaSucks the way they are treating you!!

Exterior finish damage caused by auto "bras" is a common problem.

Unfortunately, it cannot be repaired with "Sea Foam".
:)

Seriously...the problems with them are two.
1) No matter how tight you have it installed, road dirt eventually works under it. Once it's under the bra, the movement of the material with the dirt trapped underneath causes paint scratches.

2) If the bra fits improperly or is not tight, the greater movement of the material caused by the losse fit, further scratches the paint.

Hang-on auto bras should only be used in instances where a long, high-speed trip, which will cause an indordinate number of paint chips, is going to cause a short-term, high level of damage. After such instances they should be removed and the surface beneath cleaned. Also, before installing a bra, wax the surface.

Even better is one of the so-called "Clear Bras". When properly installed the 3M variety is semipermanent. I have had one on my ZR-1 since 03 and it has performed very well and, because it was installed by a professional at a 3M dealer, it still is in good condition. For those in Southern California looking for this product a 3M factory-trained installer in the are which is experienced with Corvettes: Envisage Design Labs. (310) 613-4691 or email: envisagedesignlabs@yahoo.com

Here is a copy of LaBra's warranty. "Improper installation" seems to be their basic soundbite for any damage incurred and the way out for them.

LeBra Front End Covers are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase by the original retail purchaser. This warranty does not cover defects in your LeBra® Front End Cover due to improper installation or normal wear.
Global Accessories, Inc. will, at its option, repair or replace any LeBra® Front End Cover which it finds to be defective in material or workmanship at no charge and return it to you postage paid.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND OBLIGATIONS, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ON THE PART OF GLOBAL ACCESSORIES, INC. ALL WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF INITIAL PURCHASE AT RETAIL.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, and some states do no allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Here is a copy of LaBra's warranty. "Improper installation" seems to be their basic soundbite for any damage incurred and the way out for them....

Bras are best left on the floor...

:L

LEbra, and Corvette should not be in the same sentence! Lebra is JUNK,:puke and you should have done you home work beforehand, 3M Clearbra is the way to go!

That's why I like to go AU Natural !! Bras are over rated, give you a false sense of security. Want to protect the font end,, I usually give it a few coats of wax before a trip.. makes cleaning the bugs off much easier. Although it does not stop getting stone chips.. Rather a few stone chips than worn down paint.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom