Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got bored of the stock interior (pics)

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Well, I just got bored of the plain black interior:

InteriorBefore.jpg

You guys know what the plain black interior looks like.

I had a couple of things in mind and this is the first phase:

InteriorAfter.jpg

Did some neoprene seat covers and a center console lid cover from Corvette Mods. Seat covers were really easy to do. I got the covers with the Z06 logo on them. They just slip right over, you run the straps around the back and velcro the straps together so the covers stay put.

ConsoleCover.jpg

Second thing I did this morning was the center console lid cover. This offers much more cushioning over the stock piece. It's also a much higher quality material, I also got this with the Z06 emblem. Installation on this was a real PITA. It comes with double sided tape to secure the cover to the interior piece but I opted not to go with the double sided tape. The PITA part was removing all the staples and glue that held the factory unit on. Other than that, the process was quite easy.

I choose not to get the 405 HP emblem because I do not have 405. I got a little more than that but there might be more in the future, not sure yet if I'm going to go into the motor or not.

I also have some other torch red/black interior pieces that I'll be putting in over the next few days. Also have red Lloyds mats that will be going in. Shifter boot and parking brake boot will probably be the next mods. I have an MGW shifter on there if anyone is wondering. The gray cord is the Zoom adapter from Double D Mods so I can play my iPod and forget about changing CD's every hour!

Looks good Edmond. That is one thing I don't like on the Z06, interior seems really cheap. I understand that they were designed that way on purpose, but it's just too plain.

Did a couple of more updates:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

Got the shifter boot in red/black. It was pretty easy to do, the original boot is held in place by staples, they were pretty easy to remove. I did not staple the new boot in, I used double sided tape instead. The install is pretty straightfoward though I'd venture to say that it would've taken quite a bit more time if I still had the stock shifter on there. The MGW is much easier to remove than the stock shifter was. In fact, this is what I did instead of trying to remove the demon key:

DemonKey.jpg

That was almost 2 years ago that I did that.

Back to the mods, I did the dash, center console and center console base from Ed by TKO Performance, it looks really nice, much better than the flat black plastic that was there before. Installation of the console and console base was easy. The dash was a PITA because you had to take the dash out in order to access the screws holding the dash cover on. That was the longest in terms of work, took me about 2 hours to do that. It's pretty straight forward, wish I would've taken pics but I was too into the job to take pics during. The console and console base were easy, only things that took just minimal effort were transferring the electronics such as gas door opener, cigarette lighter, etc. over to the new unit.

I also changed out the parking brake boot, this was very easy to do. There are 2 metal loops held down by 10mm nuts. The side close to the passenger seat that is tucked into the carpet is held by velcro. Velcro was already included on the new unit.

The grab handle was done in red as well, not sure if I really like it or not because it kind of just stands out there by itself, it is secured by velcro. The door handles are also secured by velcro.

I also did an aluminum gas pedal and an aluminum dead pedal as well. The gas pedal is held on with a spring and a pin. Pretty easy mod to do, only hang up I had was aligning the pin with the spring and the holes. Trick is to align the spring on there without the pedal, secure the spring with tape and then install with the tape keeping the spring aligned. After install is complete, remove the tape.

Not sure what I want to do next. I think the red Lloyds mats might be a little too loud but that's an easily removable modification. I might go for torch red lower door panels or maybe the glove box in torch red, not sure yet.

And yes, I'm that roommate that will collect parts and put them in the living room:

pic8.jpg

I have some C6 Z51 sway bars, new air dam, C6 Z06 shocks, slotted/drilled rotors with pads, Amsoil, tools, red Lloyds mats with Z06 logo and some other assorted stuff there.

And a couple years ago when I did my headers:

headers2.jpg

What you don't see in that pic is the LS7 clutch kit, hydraulics and RPM Level IV trans and other assorted goodies.

And yes, I know my car is messy. Just got back from deployment less than 3 weeks ago, I've been too busy driving the car rather than clean/wash it!

And if anyone is curious, the wide angle pictures were taken with a Nikon D90 with a Tokina 11-16mm mounted on it.

If I could ever afford and justify it, I would have Carravagio seats in there, the quality and look of those seats are incredible.

I thought about going with Corbeau seats, they're relatively inexpensive but after thinking about it, I was more concerned about looks because I don't track the car so why get a racing seat?

The covers give a little extra cushion and a more unique look but that's about it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom