Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got C6 last nite, first drive impression

Just got mine a few days ago and I love it. Traded in my 2001
Big Thx to Mike Carr and the Guys over at Bob McDorman Chevy

proceserv.jsp

Congratulations ;)

Sounds like you got it from the old 'Malcolm Konner' dealership on Rt 17 in Paramus.

I bought it from one of the CAC Sponsor dealership
Bob McDorman Chevrolet in Ohio and they shipped the car to NJ

Dom said:
I bought it from one of the CAC Sponsor dealership
Bob McDorman Chevrolet in Ohio and they shipped the car to NJ
I'm considering doing something like that.
Can I ask, was it a 'courtesy delivery' to a dealership, or did they ship it to a depot.

Maybe it’s just me Wayne, but I was not comfortable having a courtesy driver taking the car to me. The drive from Ohio was 500 miles and I wanted to be the one to drive the car during the "break-in" period. Also, you know that no matter how professional or mature the driver is accidents can happen and liberties would be taken.
Cost $1000 to ship the car to me. Flat bed direct to my home and they took my 2001 C5 away :cry

When I priced it out, one way shipping for approx 500 miles was about $700

47b5da26b3127cce914a2292198600000016109AcNnLVwzbI
47b6df39b3127cce96a59de179e400000016109AcNnLVwzbI

Dom said:
Maybe it’s just me Wayne, but I was not comfortable having a courtesy driver taking the car to me. The drive from Ohio was 500 miles and I wanted to be the one to drive the car during the "break-in" period. Also, you know that no matter how professional or mature the driver is accidents can happen and liberties would be taken.
Cost $1000 to ship the car to me. Flat bed direct to my home and they took my 2001 C5 away :cry

When I priced it out, one way shipping for approx 500 miles was about $700

47b5da26b3127cce914a2292198600000016109AcNnLVwzbI
47b6df39b3127cce96a59de179e400000016109AcNnLVwzbI
I don't blame you one bit. You're spending that kind of money, what's another grand. I had mine shipped across country by dependable auto shippers. I made sure I knew what the "exact" mileage was on my odometer before it was shipped, and that was the first thing I checked when it arrived.

I woudln't want someone else beating the sh*t out of my new car (C6), that's for sure.

Dom said:
I'm talking about something different.
When you get a good deal on a Vette from an out of state dealer, they can have it delivered from BG, by GM's normal delivery means [Allied trucking] to a Chevy dealer near you. The receiving dealer charges about $300-500. Dealers don't like to take, and often refuse courtesy delivery, because you didn't want to buy the car from them.
Anyway, I found out today that my deal is sealed with a local dealership. I won't have to worry about that. :)

Oh ok I get it....

Well anyway, Kerbeck seems to be offering some aggressive price on some cars. It might be worth a look or even might be some help during negotiations.

Check it out
http://www.kerbeck.com/

Corvettes yes, guilt NO

Tell ya what... when I got my 2002 Z06 four years ago I felt VERY self-conscious driving it--is everyone staring at me??? But this feeling faded slowly over the next few months, 'till I just felt the thrill of driving it every day, and especially the extra thrill of an occasional race against a Mustang, BMW, Camaro, Harley-Davidson, Firebird, etc. (No losses).
Once I found out just how wonderful the car was, I bought my wife a 2001 Coupe, and she loved hers just about as much.

Now we both have brand new 2006 Vettes (picked up at Bowling Green last week). She has a Monterey Red Coupe with a lot of options, and it is the prettiest paint I can remember seeing. The dark red is even nicer than her previous metallic red. I got another Z06--this one in Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic (that's a mouthful), with no options but polished wheels. My interest is focused on performance, so I don't want any extra weight, like side airbags and telescoping wheel). Once again I am getting some of that self-conscious feeling, partly because the DSOM is unusual and very distinctive, so in a small town, it's likely to be recognizeable. But NO GUILT! I think getting my wife a car keeps me from feeling guilty about splurging on myself. (Also, she always tells me I deserve it).
Gersh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom