Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Got my new right knee!

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Got it this past Monday and the next day I was walking with the walker down to the nurses station. Could go home today, but Sharon will be home after work tomorrow and it makes sense to stay one more day. My surgeon said he can make that happen! So go home tomorrow and then work the PT. I haven't done much this year with the cars because I knew I was coming in for the knee. If all goes well, the plan is to come back in october and get the other knee done, then I should be good to go for another 30 years!I did do one thing before I came into the hospital, Sharon and I drove down to Kentucky on a Thursday afternoon and dragged home a 1930 Ford Model A street rod. Got a small block in it and for the most part is good to go, but there will be a few things I am going to change, including adding a/c and a new interior.When i figure how to post photos from my iPad, I will get some on here to share. And of course, it is RED!Regards, Herb

Herb, it good to hear that you are doing so well with the new knee. I like to hear these stories as I'm pretty sure I'll have to have that done one day (sooner rather than later most likely).

The new project sounds like a cool car too. Pictures as soon as you can. :happyanim:

Herb, good luck with the knee. My dad had one of his replaced years ago and was good with it up until he passed away last year. The only advice that he told me was to listen and OBEY what the physical therapist tells you to do. My veterinarian had his replaced a couple of years ago and didn't listen to the therapist. He got back on it and back to work too soon, and wound up having to have it replaced a second time. Post pictures of the new project when you can. Hope your recovery time is short.
Andy :w

Herb, good luck with the knee. My dad had one of his replaced years ago and was good with it up until he passed away last year. The only advice that he told me was to listen and OBEY what the physical therapist tells you to do. My veterinarian had his replaced a couple of years ago and didn't listen to the therapist. He got back on it and back to work too soon, and wound up having to have it replaced a second time. Post pictures of the new project when you can. Hope your recovery time is short.Andy :w
Ed from PT is my best new friend! He is working me good and says I am ahead of where I should be. If you don't get the strength back in your knee, then the muscles and tendeons can't keep it tight and stong. Putting twist on the joint before it is good and strong is what probably caused your dentist to have to have it done a second time. Strength in the knee is the key and what Ed has me working on. Threat after surgery I was already walking down to the nurses station with the walker. Today he got me on crutches and we practiced going up and down stairs. I am doing leg lifts and can bend my knee to 90 degrees from horizontal. I credit it all to Ed and the good job he is doing with me. I am hoping to have the right knee strong enough ( back to full strength) by October so I can come back and get the other knee up to snuff as well. The bionic man, well at least bionic knees!As soon as I configure out how to upload photos from my iPad to my photo hosting site I will post some photos.

That's good news Herb. Got the gas pedal pusher fixed. Next will be the clutch pedal pusher.

Tom

Good luck on your recovery. :w PT will be a chore but it the outcome is getting better.

Roger

I also had a total knee replacement two years ago after procrastinating until I couldn't put it off any longer! Just keep up with all the PT, both with the therapist and on your own. You'll be up to speed in no time :)

Elaine

I also had a total knee replacement two years ago after procrastinating until I couldn't put it off any longer! Just keep up with all the PT, both with the therapist and on your own. You'll be up to speed in no time :)Elaine
Thanks Elaine and everyone else. I am doing my PT and according to therapist ahead of where I should be. The knee is a bit sore but tolerable until I am ready to sleep and then the ache makes it hard to get to sleep even with "help". I am home and that is great!

Thanks Elaine and everyone else. I am doing my PT and according to therapist ahead of where I should be. The knee is a bit sore but tolerable until I am ready to sleep and then the ache makes it hard to get to sleep even with "help". I am home and that is great!

The knee replacement operation is generally a longer recuperative period than a hip replacement, for example. You just can't rush it.

Elaine

Best of luck, Herb!

Having been told I needed knee replacement when I was 29, I can say that I completely understand how happy you must be now (post surgery) and that you feel better and more like yourself.:happyanim:

(FWIW- Just don't over do it! Been there- done that! ;))

Herb, glad to hear that evrything went okay with your knee replacement and hope the other replacement goes well also. Since your knees are being restored, you can then go to a NKRS meeting and get a top flight award or is that a top kick award?. One question, is the replacement knee RED like your other projects. I love RED.
Best of luck and a quick recovery.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom