Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

GPS Systems

Both Garmin Mapsource and Route 66 can display all of the country on one map from which you can Zoom all the way to street level. [/QUOTE]
Yes, the Garmin has all of the US in it, but if you want detailed streets you need to buy the Mapsource Roads & Rec or the cities software. Then you can only load 50 (in my case w/Roads & rec) counties. Then you have all the little roads, not just the main highways.

Mike

mbwalker

The CD Emulation software is GameDrive Ver. 7, from Farstone. I got mine from Ebay for $4 plus $4 shipping. Not bad at all.
It lets you emulate a CD drive on your harddrive. I put StreetAtlas in my harddrive and its available all the time. Love it!

The GameDrive lets you keep 27 CDs on the HD, and load into the virtual CD any one that you want. I think you can even have more than one virtual CD set up on you computer.

I saw that there is a Fujitsu P5010 (also a cheaper P1120) that has a 12x8 screen. I'm going to check these out. It'll take much less space in the vette.

Mike

I've got the Garmin Street Pilot unit, Color Street Pilot III I think, that does the auto routing. When I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, it would accept various software packages but would only do autorouting with their software. Have any of the mapping companies come up with a product that will autoroute with this unit?

I think (not absolutly positive) that any of the software packages just use the GPS as an input. It depends on whether they have auto-routing capabilities built into their software, not on where they are getting their GPS signals.

Although I haven't tried it, I should be able to use my Garmin Streetpilot as a serial input to my computer, and StreetAtlas should be able to use it as its GPS info.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom