Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

great article on the 1988 Callaway Twin Turbo

L

LouBelleraVideo

For you Twin Turbo lovers get a back issue of Fall of 1988 Corvette Quarterly and go to page 34 for a dynomite essay and pictoral of the 1988 Callaway twin turbo roadster. Also get the Summer 1991 issue of Corvette Quarterly for the cover and story of the 1991 Callaway Speedster. The title reads GREEN SCREAM,
piloting the new Callaway speedster.
Regards,
Lou

Cool! I had forgotten about the 88 article... I have a stack of Callaway related magazines sittin on my desk:D Eric wants me to bring then to Carlisle for him to read :confused ( :D )
later *89x2*

*89x2* said:
:D Eric wants me to bring then to Carlisle for him to read :confused ( :D )

Chris, you're mistaken... What I'm really looking for is a copy of every article that you have and bring that to Carlisle! :hb :L

Hi Lou.... You can be a life saver!

This article you spoke of in Corvette Quarterly has some how taken legs and "walked away". Could you please scan me a copy and email to me when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Stan

Stan, if you or any of the other memebers would like to purchase past issues of Corvette News or Quarterly or any other kind of Corvette literature, sales brochures, showroom posters, owners manuals, etc. contact Jim Clemens Corvette at 321 639-8431
He is the best at that, I purchased every C4 original showroom posters from Him and even got the original 1988 Callaway leather owners manual from Him as well as the original 1988 Callaway color sales brochure.
Lou

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lou...................

LouBelleraVideo said:
even got the original 1988 Callaway leather owners manual from Him as well as the original 1988 Callaway color sales brochure.
Lou
Lou, I hope you were able to fine tune his prices as I too had inquired about the "Kit" and other literature last month... VERY steep for what it was compared to other vendors!!!
I assume, you picked up the "Inside story" brochure/booklet. If so, that is a VERY nice piece indeed:) Note the Dymags on the cars in the booklet do not resemble ANY Dymags on other Callaway's and the cars also have a unique side emblem above the gills...
congrats! *89x2*

Yes I did buy the 88 Inside story brochure from Jim Clemens and I also bought the Callaway twin turbo direct conversion information booklet from Him. He charges top dollar but he follows through with the real deal on quality. I just opened up the brochure to check out what you were talking about regarding the Dymags and they do seem slightly different in the brochure as opposed to the ones on my car.They have these little bolts around the wheel and mine don't.( I have to take a look again at my car to confirm this) And yes you are right about the moldings above the gills.In the brochure it say callaway twin turbo on it, but my Callaway says tuned port injection instead.That drove me nuts because I would prefer mine to say twin turbo also but I guess that was only in the brochure.
Lou

Lou, your score sounds nice! :beer The elusive Dymags w/ bolts and the emblems on the side are puzzling as is the "Aero kit" Callaway sold on the 88's that was not much different than the GTO kit GM sold at the same time period (look at the silver one in the booklet).
It is nice to see someone who has seen the "book" w/ the red convertible and silver Callaway's as I have talked about them prior...but nobody knew much about them???
Enjoy! I kow Jim has top notch stuff, FWIW...the inside story has been advertised as high as 85 bux-doubt it sold for that.
Later , *89x2*

Actually the Areo effects package you saw on the silver Callaway in the Inside Story was a dealer installed GM option.Callaway manufactured a front fascia for the one that you see on the back cover with Reeves Callaway standing next to a white coupe.

Lou, the white Callaway on the cover was one of Reeves' attempts for TOP GUN status (see C&D mag, "Gathering of Eagles") and the Callaway Tape. As far as a Callaway "body kit" for 88, Callaway wanted "something" to set his cars apart from a regular Vette (esp. since the 87's hood ducts were gone) and he put a "package" of sorts together... The silver TT in the book is wearing a GTO kit, whether or not it was Callaway's or GM's, I trully am not sure as all I have seen was a black TT w/ the "ducktail" spoiler from 88 and not the whole package.
Stan A. may be able to shed more light on this as I honestly am not sure if any of those "kits" were ever put out in the public.
I hope this August, we get a large variety or Callaway's cars at the reunion as I think it will add to our conversations there... :beer *89x2*

That was 100 % the GM optioned areo kit in the inside story brochure!I know, I have it! I have the original invoice for that dealer installed option, and as I mentioned before that option was modled after the Morrison GTO and was written about in Corvette Quarterly.Callaway never made that kind of areo kit except for the later production areo body.

Lou, are you saying the kit on your Callaway was installed by the dealer or by Callaway?
I could see Callaway "distributing" the GM kit as a way to set their 88's apart as that was their intention (to set the B2K's apart from regular Vettes). I know the story behind the Callaway Aerobody... I had "heard" some mics. things about the period between (specifically 1988) and saw a "ducktail" on one that was a Callaway part (so said... )
:beer *89x2*

I have a fully documented car from day one.The original owner was the owner of Huesdat Chevrolet here on Long Island and He ordered the factory option GM Areo kit and had it installed. I have the origional tissue on the car and the invoice for the Areo kit. Once installed He shipped the car over to Callaway for the twin turbo upgrade.Callaway DID NOT make that Areo kit as shown in the inside story. It was a GM dealer installed option.:bu

Lou, my '87 TT also came from Hustadt Chevy in NY! Small world, eh? I'm the second owner and have the vast majority of all the paperwork from the transactions with the dealer and Callaway... If you know of anyone at the dealership that still is interested in these cars, please let me know. I'd be interested in touching base with someone to see if they've got anything else that I'm missing... Even, just speaking with the people that sold the option at the dealership would peak my interest. Can't have enough Callaway stuff!

The person who owned Husedat in 88 is no longer the owner.The dealership closest to me is Palanker and they service all of my Corvettes.If you need any literature etc, on the car contact Jim Clemens Corvettes at 321 639-8431:t

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom