Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Great Customer Service!

Corvette
1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
I emailed Don Olson about information on his wiring diagrams since I've heard so many good things about them. I wanted to get one for my '65 and for my new '78 project car.
I emailed him Fri and he replied back quickly with pricing and details.
On pricing he mentioned a discounted price and how much shipping was.

I emailed him back Fri night with my order for both and sent him a PayPal payment that was the correct amount for his stated discounted price on the diagrams and his listed shipping amount.
Within 10 minutes he called me on the phone and said he was sending a PayPal payment back to me because I overpaid. Since I ordered two diagrams he also discounts the shipping so he was kind enough to refund me the shipping difference back! I got confirmation of the 'refund" about another 10 minutes later. WOW, almost everyone else would have just accepted my payment and not said anything. We are only talking about $7.00 or so but it was great for him to do that.

this morning he just emailed again saying my package was ready and waiting for UPS to pick up and already gave me the tracking number.

I have to say that Don Olson and Tom DeWitt (whom I dealt with about 3 months ago) both give TOP customer service in my experience and both are a credit to the hobby. I wish more vendors would take notice and offer similar quality service.

After having recieved poor service from some other vendors and seeing many posts about the same issue, it's nice to recieve and report a very POSITIVE experience from both of these gentlemen.

oh....... I should add Al Knoch to my list also. I had a problem with one of the seats they did for me at Carlisle last year and when I contacted them about it they sent a call tag to ship it back, they redid the seat, and returned it - no problems and no hassles!

so many times all we do is b*itch and moan and complain about the bad experiences we have so I thought it would be nice to report a positive experience.

Ya Shoulda Waited

till you got the schematic. THEN you will see not only does Don provide great customer interface but he delivers a product that is really a pleasure to use. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to troubleshoot. If you're going to need one of these - you got the right one.

Geek

Difference ?

I have not as yet seen any wiring diagrams from Don Olson, and I was wondering how can they be different from the diagrams in the AIM, or the copies that are distributed by " Lectric Limited "

Stepinwolf

How about some more information for obtaining schematics?

Don Olson, does he have a web link? Good schematics are a real jewel.

I found " Lectric Limited " using Google, but as to "AIM" all I can find is references to AOL.

Thanks

Bob
I thought I would give them a try with all the good feedback and comments I've always heard about Don's diagrams.
All I know is that they are all year specific, about 22"x34", laminated, and full color coded for all electrial in the car including all options.
On the C3 versions they also include the full layout of the vacuum systems for headlights, AC/Heater control, emissions, (and early C3's the wiper door).

I'm hoping they will come in handy for both of my cars, but on an immediate use the vacuum system layout on the '78 i'm working on will be VERY helpful.

edit: Bob this is Don's description that he sent me via email:

"I have the 1953 through 1981 wiring diagrams drawn in full color. All of my drawings are printed in full color to match what was on the car originally, the size is about 22x34" and are laminated in 5 mil clear plastic on both sides.

The drawings are year specific and each year covers coupe and converts. Included on each drawing are all electrical options, fuse/circuit breakers (with their ratings) and lamps (with their numbers).

The drawings for the C3 Corvettes also include the color coded vacuum drawings for the headlamps, heater-a/c controls, and for the early C3s the windshield wiper door.

The price is usually US$30.00 but I have been discounting that to $25.00. Shipping by UPS ground to the 48 contiguous states is an additional $11.00 for a total of 36.00. When shipped, I e-mail the buyer with the tracking number."

Pseudomind said:
How about some more information for obtaining schematics?

Don Olson, does he have a web link? Good schematics are a real jewel.

I found " Lectric Limited " using Google, but as to "AIM" all I can find is references to AOL.

Thanks

you can contact him via his email:

Don Olson
vetsvette2002@yahoo.com

Aw shucks Barry,
Twernt nuttin'.
Wait until you get them, I think you'll like them. Thanks for the kind words.

DonO
Vetteheads.com

stepinwolf said:
I have not as yet seen any wiring diagrams from Don Olson, and I was wondering how can they be different from the diagrams in the AIM, or the copies that are distributed by " Lectric Limited "

Stepinwolf

Bob, the Lectric Limited diagrams look like some kid's kindergarten scratchings compared to Don's :)

Vetsvette2002 said:
Aw shucks Barry,
Twernt nuttin'.
Wait until you get them, I think you'll like them. Thanks for the kind words.

DonO
Vetteheads.com

Don
all the comments i've already seen that convienced me to order them already has me sure i'll like them when they get here.
If the '78 diagram gets me through all this confusion of the vacuum system hoses I'll love it - not to mention the factory alarm I'll need to rewire when I remove the POS aftermarket unit a previous owner installed in the car.

On the '65 diagram I'm actually hoping it will be a waste of money and I'll actually never have to use it....... :)

JohnZ said:
Bob, the Lectric Limited diagrams look like some kid's kindergarten scratchings compared to Don's :)

No lie here. It is so much easier to follow the individual wires out and then find them in a bundle cause you are looking at the exact same colors you were just following on the print. AIM and LL aren't even in the same league.

Have Don's schematic and lectric limited's, They are not even in the same game. If you want the best order Don's, If you have a classic vette, they day will come when you will find this the best shop tool that you have. Nuff said
Jimbo 64

UPS rang my doorbell 5 minutes ago and dropped off Don's wiring diagrams.
all I can say is............. HOLY CRAP! those are BY FAR, the best and easiest to read and follow wiring diagrams i've ever seen!

All the raves about them are true. These are the best. I can't imagine trying to trace electrial issues without them.
How did people manage before Don's started offering these things??!!

THANKS DON! :beer

BarryK said:
UPS rang my doorbell 5 minutes ago and dropped off Don's wiring diagrams.
all I can say is............. HOLY CRAP! those are BY FAR, the best and easiest to read and follow wiring diagrams i've ever seen!

All the raves about them are true. These are the best. I can't imagine trying to trace electrial issues without them.
How did people manage before Don's started offering these things??!!

THANKS DON! :beer

When are we going to see an example of those diagrams. Money is not an issue when the final product can justify the expence.

Stepinwolf

Bob
if you want, I can snap off a pic of them and email it to you so you can get an idea of what they are like.
But if I do you better be prepared to place an order with Don because I doubt you will be able to resist! ;LOL

Pseudomind said:
Does Don have C5's, like mine, 2003 Z06

Nope. The Factory service manuals have them in color IIRC.

I have the 1953 through the 1981 Corvettes, 67 Chevelle and 69 GTO completed

Don

BarryK said:
Don
all the comments i've already seen that convienced me to order them already has me sure i'll like them when they get here.
If the '78 diagram gets me through all this confusion of the vacuum system hoses I'll love it - not to mention the factory alarm I'll need to rewire when I remove the POS aftermarket unit a previous owner installed in the car.

On the '65 diagram I'm actually hoping it will be a waste of money and I'll actually never have to use it....... :)

UPS says you should be receiving the diagrams/package today.
Enjoy

Don

BarryK said:
Bob
if you want, I can snap off a pic of them and email it to you so you can get an idea of what they are like.
But if I do you better be prepared to place an order with Don because I doubt you will be able to resist! ;LOL

I'm waiting Barry,

Just send it here, robert.pelland@cgocable.ca

Stepinwolf

Thank's in advance ;)

Thanks

Nope. The Factory service manuals have them in color IIRC.

I have the 1953 through the 1981 Corvettes, 67 Chevelle and 69 GTO completed

Don

Is this the manual put out by Helm's or is it another publisher? If it is another publisher can I get you to post the name of the manual and the publisher?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom