Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Great time in Monterey!!!!

M

Mikebmab

Just got back about midnight and what a time we had!!!!!
So to everyone who gets to go during the event....GET READY!!!
Laguna Seca was great, They even have a exclusive 50th Anniv Corvette shirt, $77 or $79. ( exclusively from Laguna Seca Gift shop till Sept. I think...Plus other corvette shirts. Even some nice tag frames from Laguna Seca... You need to take LOTS of film & be sure if you fly to declare your speed of film to the security folks.... Any one going who wants more info just ask & I'll try my best to help out....places to eat, things to do, Great whale watching tours!!!
Oh, major water shortage there so be prepared,Gas from $1.57 up to $2.25 avg was 1.80 i guess....

cool mornings with warm mid-days, and back again to cool evenings....

Mikebmab said:
They even have a exclusive 50th Anniv Corvette shirt, $77 or $79.

For a shirt?:cry

You know that's just what i said to the lady there. needless to say I didnt get one. Are you kidding me!!!??? spend that money on a shirt when I'm on the hunt for the REAL thing....Are you nuts..
Mike:cool

I'll be there the 15th through the 19th of the month. ;)

_ken :w

Ken....
Please take a ton of pics of the whole event!!!!
It just kills me I couldnt have worked it out to be there during the right time.... so show me all of what I missed ..... please

Mike:w

I don't think my conscious could ask that kind of $$$ for a shirt.:L

Gee, I'd love to go, but with me just dumping out of the stock market, I think I'll just kick back and eat a Popsicle on the back deck. Maybe take the vette down to the icecream stand.............all right here in Bellbrook, Ohio (where the h__l is Bellbrook!). :-(

If anyone has the opportunity to take in the historics at Laguna Seca and Monterey the weekend of Aug. 17 and 18, do it. It is a fabulous automotive event. Corvette being the honored marque only makes it even better. The missus and I are flying into San Francisco then driving the coast highway to Monterey. The only warning is to be sure you have a place to stay as motor heads from all over head into the area and rooms are hard to come by.
For you East coasters a similar event is run two weeks later at Lime Rock in Connecticut on Labor Day weekend although without the honored marque designation.
If you ever wondered what is was like when Sting rays battled Cobras Jags and Porsches on the track, then this is the event you want to catch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom