Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

greeting and help no brake lights

Y

yellowc4

I should start by saying hi to all. I am a new to corvette action center. I rececntly purchased my first corvette, a 1987 yellow coupe, and like it very much. It does have a few issues which is what brought me here.

The most difficult one so far has been the lack of brake lights. I have checked the fuse good and there is 12vdc to the fuse when the ignition switch is on. I have checked the switch at the pedal and it is good. The turnsignals and flashers work fine. The schematic shows the wires from the brake switch going into the instrument cluster. Any tips on how to further troubleshoot this will be appreciated.

Dave,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. Hopefully some of the members here can help you out with your '87.

How did you test the pedal switch?? I think it is the switch. Have you tried powering the brake lights after the switch it see if they light? I would try this first.

Tested the switch by removing it testing the resistance with a multimeter. the switch opens and closes when actuated. I like the idea of powering the lights at the switch.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom