Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Greetings From A Newbie To The Site!

C

Clive

Greetings to each and everyone of you!

A Corvette was always one of those dream cars we all think about. I didn't think my dream would come true and when I went looking for a hobby car to tinker with, a Corvette wasn't even on my mind!

I was looking for an old military jeep to tinker with like the ones I used to have and lo and behold, there was this lovely C4 Corvette beckoning to me from the magazine. I must have read the ad a hundred times!

I waited 3 days before I called hoping it had been sold because I loved the car's styling. It all sounded too good to be true. Collector Edition, LT4 engine, 6 speed manual, low mileage, mint shape, former show car.

I called and was told the car was still for sale but the owner reserved the right not to sell the car.

I went to see it and before the owner took the cover off, I had to answer many questions about what cars I had and have and how did I feel when they went , who does my repairs, where will I keep it, why do I want it, ever have one before, etc? One would think I was asking to marry his daughter or something! Well, to make it short, I must have passed inspection because I did end up with a car that was just as good if not better than he had listed it!

I feel that this car was meant for me to have and I just love driving it when I can. It looks great from any angle as I walk toward it and the metallic silver paint attracts many looks from passersby.

Later, I found out that only 209 coupes were exported to Canada for 1996 and only 83 of them had the CE option package. I have no idea how many had the LT4 engine here in Canada so it's rather rare edition up here.

Truly a lovely looking car and very well cared for. It still has that new car smell to it even now!

Anyhow, sorry to take up your time but it's funny how one's dreams have a way of coming true just when you least expect them to.

Cheers and happy driving days,
Clive

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

It was meant to be! :cool!:

Welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your first Vette. A well cared for 96 CE is an excellent introduction to the marque!

Enjoy your C4 and the forums!
:wJane Ann

Welcome to the Forum Clive. :w Your fun has only just begun.

Welcome to the CAC and I know you will enjoy it and the LT4. Glad you were able to purchase it and I commend the previous owner for being so meticulous on who the Corvette's next owner would be. He probably wouldn't ask as many questions if you were seeking to marry his daughter. If you have questions about the LT4, one member who knows all about them is LT4MAn. He will gladly answer your questions. At least take a photo and add it as an avatar.
Barrett

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Cheers and happy driving days,
Clive

Welcome aboard, glad you've join us :beer

Bill :w

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Hi. I'm new here. I bought a new 2011 c6 corvette.

Welcome, will expect a picture of that 2011, is it ordered or do you have it already?

Bill :w

Welcome abord, always great to have new members from .our canada friends.........billy:):):):):):):)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom