Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Greetings from a real "newbie"

Z

zella62

Greetings to all

I've recently had some significant "life changes"..... I took early retirement from Caterpillar so I could enjoy what's left of my golden years. However, before I did, I fulfilled a dream I've had since I was a teenager.....I bought my first Corvette ...a '62. It's been slightly modified, which is what I prefer. I'm a streetrodder ('37 Ford with a 502/502 crate motor).

The '62 is an original fuelie car, and I'm the third owner. It has both tops and has a new ZZ4 Chevy crate motor and a TKO 5 speed. It has Fatman 2" dropped front spindles and has been dropped 1" in the back. It really runs hard and still gets 22 - 25 mpg.

There are some things that need to be worked on, so I'll be leaning on some of you "old heads" for directions to good resources for information. I'm very much a hands-on owner, and do all my own mechnaical work......but I leave the body and paint work to those who know what they're doing.

zella62,

Welcome to the :CAC

All gearheads, rodders, and horsepower-junkies will feel right at home.

See you in the C1/C2 section. :w

Congratulations on your C1 purchase, and welcome to the :CAC !

Retirement, your first Corvette (a '62!!), and new membership in the Corvette Action Center!! Man, it can't get much better than that!! :upthumbs

Welcome!! Post pix when you can!
:w Jane Ann

Ah, a new member with a real classic :upthumbs
Welcome to the CAC. Your 62 sounds great!

Tammy

Welcome to CAC!!
:CAChope you enjoy the forums!!!!!

Congrats on retirement and the "new" car. Can't think of a better way to jump in than a suped up C1 or C2.
Welcome to the CAC......we're waiting on the pics:D

-John

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER zella62. Sure would be nice to see pictures of the 62.

Bill

Welcome to Vette ownership. You will love it and this is the place to be. Pictures are appropriate and expected.:D

Thanks for all the welcoming messages. Looks like this is going to be a good experience. I'll be posting shots of the '62 in the near future. As soon as I get my shop put back together (had to build on so I could have room to park the '62) I have a couple of months work to do to complete my '37 Ford, and then I'll be working on the '62. You all know how it goes.....you just can't drive a car without personalizing it. There will be some body work done to repair cracks above the front wheels, and then I'm either going to put in a full chassis with C4/C5 IFS and IRS or at a minimum a Jim Meyer front end kit. Since the car is already modified and since I'm a rodder and old drag racer at heart, I want to do some serious mod's. Hope I don't offend any purists out there, but if it were a 100 point car, it would be a different story. Of course, if it had been a 100 point car, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

zella,
Congrats on retirement, my grandfather worked his whole life for Cat in Illinois.
Your Vette sounds awesome, the engine/tranny combo is what I would like to put in my old roadster.
Welcome to the CAC.....

Hope I don't offend any purists out there, but if it were a 100 point car, it would be a different story. Of course, if it had been a 100 point car, I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Just give it a good warm home; all Corvettes need that. I have seen some good modified Vettes; more power to you I don't have neither the knowledge or the patience to do something that major. Post pictures of the progress if you get the chance.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom