Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

H,i and GoodMmorning

Tomray

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Coupe
Hello, and Good Morning

Hi, I just want to introduce myself as a new member of this Forum.

My name is Tom, My forum name is Tomray.

I live in the center of Connecticut. I'm 70 years old and widowed, and I purchased my first Corvette in May of 2015.

Earlier, I've owned a few Mustangs, but it's time for a change. I still own a '89 Mustang 5.0 GT coupe with a Super Charger and a few other Mods......A "No rain or Snow car" with 24K original miles.

I bought a 2010 Grand Sport Coupe LT1 trim, with 6 speed Manual transmission, 6900 miles in Red Metallic Tint Coat........This will be my fair weather car for traveling and other fun rides. I hope to attend some Corvette shows and meets in New England this coming year.

My daily driver is a 2014 Jeep Sahara.

Some of my other hobbies are Pistol Shooting, Hunting, Hiking and Fishing.

I'm excited about this "new to me" Corvette GS, and hope to learn a lot here, from those of you who have owned and driven these cars over the years.

I'm researching tires now, as I want to change out the OEM GY F1's in the spring.........I'm having noise and tracking issues on patched pavement, and will no doubt have the alignment (camber) reset when I re-tire the car.

I'd be interested in any comments or info that that any of you would care to pass along to me regarding this car, tires, and any other info as well.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself, and Happy New Year.

Tom

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Tom! Glad to have you here with us! :w

:welcome

Tires? I recommend Michelin PS2 or Pilot Super Sport for your GS. They are way better than the GY tires that came on the car.

Welcome to the Forum Tomray. :w

I have had cars that had tire tracking problems. Different tread patterns from the same manufacturer were good and bad. I can't tell you which is best but there are some pretty smart folks on this Forum that can "Keep you straight".

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!

Welcome To Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard Tom, we're glad you've joined us :happyanim: I have the Firestone Firehawk Run Flats and no doubt they are noisy but still would rather put up with that than be stranded somewhere without a spare, just me maybe but not a fan of the fix-flat in a can either ;shrug

-Bill

Welcome. You will love your GS. I replaced the Goodyears with Bridgestone Potenza run flats. They are a much better all-around tire: quieter, better in the wet, etc. They are also more budget friendly than Michelins. When it's time, check them out.

Just wondering, try not to do a lot of this!! Ha, ha!

Just curious for those that have changed from run flat tires to various other brands. Just what do you do if you have a flat; call road side assistance? I must admit I have had my C-5 for almost 16 years and never have had a flat but not been on a lot of long trips nor is this my daily driver ;shrug I have had for my second set of tires on my 2000 C-5 Firestone Firehawk Run Flats and admittedly they are pretty loud and noise, especially on concrete sections of the interstate.

-Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom