Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Handling Question

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I know this will probably be hard to diagnose without driving the car but let me explain was I experienced today. Local club went for a cruise. I was driving about 82 trying to catchup with the pack and had to swerve a little to miss some debris on the road. Didn't move the wheel more than about 1/2 inch. As I came back to center the car started going back and forth, right to left, rapidly enough that I almost p**d my pants. Think of it as an airplane that had a yaw problem. Did this about 6 times till I got it slowed down enough and then no problem.

I've had the car for almost 2 years and never experienced this before. I know Corvettes are touchy but I've done more that this before with no problem. Tires are at 32lbs (Dunlop SP5000) and the suspension is the Z52 still stock with all original equipment. Temp was about 90 and sunny.

Anybody experience this before? Would a 4 wheel alignment be in order?

Thanks for any help.

Baldie88

Could be shock absorbers...how many miles are on your car and when's the last time you did an abrubt emergency manuever like that? It could be that the hard driving brought the problem to light. I replaced my shocks at 70000 and this cured all "floatiness" I've experienced prior to replacement
Terry

I think I'd be looking at front end parts. I don't know them all, but shocks on down, there are several things that could be worn out. I'm assuming it wasn't washboard or something, cause I can't see any other reason for such behavior. Maybe tie rod bushings.

I would certainly check the entire suspension out before attempting 82 miles per hour again. Soiunds like a definite safety issue to me - I'd **** my pants too. :eek

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom