Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Has anyone done a C3 HID conversion?

coffeejolts

Corvette
1981 White Coupe
I found a HID conversion kit from ASA that looks like it might work in a C3.

SpitzKraft

The bulbs are the correct 5.75" diameter, but they extend pretty far in.

03.jpg

The kit is pricey, but bolt in HIDs would be a huge improvement over our stock lights. Has anyone tried this?

Found them a few years ago but the price is just to high for me. Now I'm bussy with 4 bi-xenon projectors from bosch. But I don't know if it will fit...

Groeten Peter

I'm not going to knock HIDs as we have two cars with them but for a conversion high quality halogens are almost as good and look far more "normal". They will require you to run a relay though as halogen draw far to much power for a stock light switch. I'm not talking about the plug-in sealed beams but the euro style halogens.

I've found the sealed beam halogens quite adequate even for our mountain roads. However, here's a link to a thread on another forum about a halogen setup for our C3s that is simple, looks great, isn't too pricey, doesn't require new wiring, and does the job. Scroll about halfway down the page to see photos:

Awesome Headlight Upgrade Not HID

I might have to try this one.

Good luck!
Jerry

I saw that post as well. It seems like the better route all the way around. I was more curios that anything about whether anyone has successfully converted a C3 to HID projector lights.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom