Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Has anyone seen where to get those latest C3 Fender Grilles??????

krscholz

Corvette
75 Corvette Coupe, 383 Stroker
Has anyone seen where to get those C3 Fender Grilles??????

I've seen those chrome fender grilles at a couple car shows but haven't found out yet who sells the kits. I think they'll look great on my 75 - I've hated those black holes in my fenders.

Last edited:
Black holes?????
you mean the holes on the sides behind the wheels???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eckler's

There you have it.
Corvette Fender Vent Grilles, Chrome, 1973-1979 25-101171$59.99

Black holes?????
you mean the holes on the sides behind the wheels???

I affectionately call them rat holes. Why didn't GM fill these holes with grilles like the other series and models???

I affectionately call them rat holes. Why didn't GM fill these holes with grilles like the other series and models???

They help get the heat out of the engine compartment,as well as make some components accessible.

They help get the heat out of the engine compartment,as well as make some components accessible.

I know that they are an essential part of the engine's cooling area but why simply have a black hole when it could have been dressed up a little. Makes no sense to me

...why simply have a black hole when it could have been dressed up a little. Makes no sense to me...

Corporate Finance 101. Leaving the fender vents unfinished saved GM a buck or two per car. Since there are about half a million of these cars, it adds up.

:thumb

Corporate Finance 101. Leaving the fender vents unfinished saved GM a buck or two per car. Since there are about half a million of these cars, it adds up.

:thumb

I think this strategy was typical of the 70s'. The cars produced by Detroit during this time period seemed all to feature significant cost savings at the expense in the quality of their cars. Luckily Corvettes weren't hit too bad during this time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom